Skip to content

September 21 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
During today’s livestream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest news on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, the Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions, and the upcoming Edmonton Expo. They called Bernhard Stöckner ( @niv ), the Technical Director on the NWN:EE core team to talk about the game’s future development.

Read on!

Comments

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    I'm glad to hear that they plan to release a more meaty dev build in the coming weeks. Thank you all @Beamdog for staying focused on fixing bugs and issues. It is an arduous task, no doubt. Is it possible we could get a bit of commentary regarding the attack bonus miscalculation issue for the next livestream? I have updated my report of this bug, as well as uploaded multiple screenshots of the combat log displaying the events it occured. It consistently reproduces itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting it to be fixed right away. All I'm asking is that someone please acknowledge that they are aware of this bug's existence, and that they intend to investigate it further. I don't know what more information I can provide at this point. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • EvilkissEvilkiss Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 96
    Hmm, which stream I saw yesterday, there was Sarah and Trent? It's was between 8-9PM EET time? I was it's was the right one. :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited September 2018
    @Evilkiss You must have watched the video of the stream which happened 1 week ago. The recap has a link to the needed video.

Anyway, meet Trent and the Lead Writer of Baldur's Gate, Lukas Kristjanson:

Minsc originated from the pen-and-paper DnD sessions held by the lead designer of BG, James Ohlen, and was expanded upon by the game's lead writer, Lukas Kristjanson.

Now Lukas meets Minsc! :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Looms like fun was had by all
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Wish i could be there, but as many know it could not be this year, sadly, due to money and medical issues.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    And here I could have traveled from Florida to Canada with 9 days of time off, including 5 vacation days to meet the Beamdog Crew in person at the Expo. Hopefully, you all can possibly attend a convention here in my state. There's always next year.