Skip to content

Who commisioned Reijek the Skin Dancer to make the Armour?

Bit of an obscure question but writing my fic and wondered if there was any info beyond just the name of the contact.
The dialogue says the work is too important to stop ect.
I just always kill the contact, the armour itself I find so offputting I don't even like picking it up.

Having never made it, wondered if there was anything I'm missing. I know you need the blood of the silver dragon, is that right?
Do you ever get to deliver it or sell it to anybody?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    For some classes the upgraded human flesh is exceptionally good armor - the best available for both saving throws and MR.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Grond0 said:

For some classes the upgraded human flesh is exceptionally good armor - the best available for both saving throws and MR.

Yeah....but no thanks.

I don't even like having it my inventury. If I do pick it up I sell it to the stallholder outside for Igp to get rid of it quick.
    Even the graphic is horrible when it's made.

What does it look like on the paper doll?
    ThacoBell said:

There is no confirmation in game. I suspect the Twisted Rune however. Even with that questline cut, little hints made their into the game suggest that Rejiek either was a member of the Rune or was commissioned by them. If you give the contact the proper response and then go hostile when he asks for the silver dragon blood, he mentions "the Rune" before leaving.

Thanks TB.

Oh, the Rune, hmmmm.

Haven't worked out what I'm doing about them yet (if anything).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    maybe they were making the armor to help fight against the mind flayer peeps that have the hammer of thunderbolts?

by the sounds of it there is some secret war between the twisted rune and whatever the other group is ( the hidden? ) and mayhaps that armor was going to help fight against all those crazy psionic powers of the other group
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Incidentally, this whole story goes quite well with the fact that the "evil" side of the game is woefully underdeveloped compared to the neutral or good side of it.

As far as I know, the best example of this is the Valygar story. If you actually do as you're told (which entails killing Valygar and being evil), you get by far the worst of all possible results, and by far the least amount of anything happens.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

Grond0 said:

Yeah....but no thanks.

I don't even like having it my inventury. If I do pick it up I sell it to the stallholder outside for Igp to get rid of it quick.

It looks absolutely horrendous on the paper doll. The odd, pink/orange-ish color is.. off-putting. I tried using it in the past but just can stand the color. It's literally like wearing skin. I think it's one of the best non-metal armors though, so for some evil characters it is an amazing armor. If you can stand wearing it.
    Skatan said:

Grond0 said:

Yeah....but no thanks.

It looks absolutely horrendous on the paper doll. The odd, pink/orange-ish color is.. off-putting. I tried using it in the past but just can stand the color. It's literally like wearing skin. I think it's one of the best non-metal armors though, so for some evil characters it is an amazing armor. If you can stand wearing it.

You would think they would have dyed it.

"Hello there, yes I am evil and yes I am wearing skin to make sure you know" ) B)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864

Yeah....but no thanks.

I don't even like having it my inventury.

i do the same, mainly for rp reasons, as i always play good or neutral. but the bonus on saving throws is really good and the magical resistance can be stacked with other items so is a really good armor, more useful against casters than against fighters.