Skip to content

Baldur's Gate - Dorn's Quest

I've hit a wall with Dorn's quest. I've reached the point where I'm to find Kryll at the Gibberling Mountains, East of the Nashkel Mines. However, when I arrived at the bloody cliff face, Kryll was no where to be seen. I reloaded the game incase of an error but still found the same result. I cannot find Kryll where she is suppose to spawn.

This part of the quest is logged as; Charmed, I'm Sure however according to my journal, the latest update in Dorn's quest is Bad Cop. I believe this is meant to be the first step in Dorn's quest but it's logged as the most recent entry in the journal regarding the quest. I don't know if this is the reason why I can't find Kryll.

Another reason may be is that I'm currently at Chapter 5 in my playthrough and Dorn did leave my party around Chapter 3 due to my reputation being to high. I've recruited him once again because his quest was still active in my journal and I decided to finish it before heading back to Candlekeep. I don't think this would be the reason but with the mix up from the journal entries on top of that, the extended absence of Dorn in my party, contributes towards Kryll being missing then perhaps that is the problem I'm dealing with.

Is there anyway other way for me to spawn in Kryll to continue Dorn's quest or will I have to abandon this one? Any help would be much appreicted.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's impossible to help without your save. Please zip and attach it to a new report at support.baldursgate.com, and our QA will help you.
    Nutt_Man_117
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Did you talk to the npc by the inn in Nashkell? I forget her name, she asks you to find her missing husband. Dorn will figure out where Kryn is from the conversation.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited September 2018
    Her name is Taris, which interestingly is the same name as the first planet you encounter in Star Wars: KOTOR :) Also by Bioware...
    ThacoBell
  • Nutt_Man_117Nutt_Man_117 Member Posts: 2
    Managed to find a work around. I had Baeloth in my party and once I removed him, Kryll was now spawning in at the Gibberling Mountains. Thanks for the help! I was about to send my save over at the support site but gave it one more attempt with this work around and then; voila! :p
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746

Managed to find a work around. I had Baeloth in my party and once I removed him, Kryll was now spawning in at the Gibberling Mountains. Thanks for the help! I was about to send my save over at the support site but gave it one more attempt with this work around and then; voila! :p

It does seem strange that removing Baeloth solved the issue. Could you attach your save before removing Baeloth?
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell