Skip to content

Voghiln Recruitment Problem

jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
Hi guys, thought I'd report something that may be a bug but was entertaining nonetheless (please stop reading if you want to be spoiler-free).

When I first encountered Voghiln, I approached him from the right and triggered his dialogue without ever seeing Jaheira. Voghiln spoke about me being a foe and attacked without giving me any option to calm him down. He then turned red and attacked until he perished. After the battle, I moved to the left side of the road and saw Jaheira for the first time, who gave no indication that she had been traveling with Voghiln and in fact never mentioned him at all. It wasn't until hours later that I remembered seeing Voghiln's name on the Dragonspear site and realized he was supposed to be a joinable companion. Is this a bug?

(If so, I believe it happened because of the direction from which I approached Voghiln. When I reloaded an earlier save and approached him from below like you are "supposed" to, Jaheira triggered properly and I was able to recruit Voghiln into the party.)

Comments

• PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Hmmm... I seem to recall approaching from the right, since I was exploring that map along the eastern, then northern edge, and was able to interact with Jaheira and Voghiln normally.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited April 2016
    I have approached them from the west, the east, and the south. Voghiln becomes hostile every time, and Jaheira can't initiate conversation.

I did manage to dire-charm Voghiln once, that way you're able to talk to him and recruit him, but as soon as the spell wears off he gets a red circle again (though no hostility).

Jaheira seems frozen by the way, no idle animation whatsoever.

Edit: Jaheira was actually turned to stone. Interesting turn of events, as that was exactly as I left her in BGEE. xD This could be why she can't initiate conversation, and may even be why Voghiln goes all Viking on my ass. Since I personally "flesh-to-stoned" Jaheira in BGEE, it may trigger a hostile reaction from her current party.
  • Helegak3Helegak3 Member Posts: 8
    I approached from the west, reputation 20, and took Jaheria all through my BG:EE game (alive and well at the end). Voghiln attacked and Jaheria is no where to be found. A major bug, as I wanted to pick up Jaheria again.
  • geszteigesztei Member Posts: 1
    An annoying bug, especially reaching this point on hardest difficulty and start over the game again seemed frustrating. Without Jaheira's intervention the wardstone quest will also missing. The solution is: approaching the group from west and before Voghiln can mistake you to a crusader and attack, initiate dialogue with Jaheira and everything will be fine - both of them are recruitable and the wardstone quest will also pop up.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @gesztei If you have a save before that, can you please zip and attach it at support.baldursgate.com (our bug tracker). If there's indeed a bug, it'll be logged in and fixed. Thanks!