Skip to content

Request for Modfile - Android BGEE 2.5.17.0

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
Hi @SneakWalker, attach is a modfile that contains only the Warlock Mod using US English as the setup language.

To install the mod:

- Download the files to your device.

- place 'BG1EE_2.5.17.0-Warlock_Modfile.zip' into the following folder:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'

- The Android File Manager you are using will determine the way to unpack the file, but unpack the file into the root of it's current folder keeping the file structure so you will end up with something like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override' (folder)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save' (folder)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/baldur.ini' (File)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang-en_US.zip' (File)

and any other folders you may already have like portraits etc.

- Delete or move 'BG1EE 1.3.2070 Android ModFile.zip' to another folder on your device (as a backup)

You are now ready to test, if the game crashes, then make sure you have moved the downloaded modfile as it will clash with the unpacked mod. If the game plays, then you are good to go.

A further quick test would be to start a new PC and see if Warlock exists under the Bard class.

If you would like to learn how to create your own modfiles (for Android only, not sure what happens with iDevices), you can use this discussion to ask and I can help by either pointing you to the right area or giving a description on what to do (where I can).

If the above doesn't work, let me know and we can step through the problem.

If you were also looking for BG2EE modfiles, there is a problem using 2.5.16.6 with modfiles where the patch.obb needs to be modified (dialog.tlk removed).

Enjoy
Gus

Comments

• SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for all. I will try it.

But i can’t understand that;

“- The Android File Manager you are using will determine the way to unpack the file, but unpack the file into the root of it's current folder keeping the file structure so you will end up with something like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override' (folder)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save' (folder)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/baldur.ini' (File)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang-en_US.zip' (File)”

Is it mean; i put the mod.zip file in each folder and unpack there?
    Post edited by SneakWalker on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @SneakWalker, just place the mod.zip in the 'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files' folder then unpack it.
    The folder structure above is what it should end up looking like.

I forgot to mention on how to uninstall the mod as well. To uninstall:
    - Delete 'override' folder
    - Delete 'lang-en_US.zip'

This will bring you back to Vanilla.

Gus
    edited October 2018
    I can’t download the “BG1EE_2.5.17.0-Warlock_Modfile.zip“ file.
    My tablet haven’t got any problem about downloading because it can download the WarlockMod.zip.
    @SneakWalker, could you what is happening?
    I was just able to download to my device with no probs.

Gus
    edited October 2018

1-2 seconds continue the downloading and finish when i tap to file for download and then i can’t find any downloaded file.
    Note: Adsız = No name
    @SneakWalker, that is odd. I downloaded it to a couple of different mobile devices (Note4, Samsung S4 and Samsung TabS) with no problems (found in the 'Downloads' folder).

Another thought would be: If you were able to download it to your PC, you can connect your tablet to the PC and copy it across.

Fingers Crossed
    Gus
    edited October 2018
    There is no PC ?
    But i still search a PC for modding.

I like you @Gusinda, you are helpful. ? ??
    @SneakWalker, thank you for the compliment. I am uploading the same file but with a shorter filename. We shall see if that works.

Gus
    edited October 2018
    @Gusinda
    Once, i’m so so so sorry for i’ve tried you hard. Because, i tried to download with google chrome and done.
    But i have an another problem.
    @SneakWalker, no need to be sorry. It is all part of trying something new... Good to see that the download problem has been solved.

This problem looks like a conflict of dialog.tlk. Couple of quick Qs:
    - I am guessing that you have v2.5.17.0 of the game (BGEE)?
    - Also want to check that you run the game in English?

- Could you make sure that the file below exists?
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang-en_US.zip'

- If so, make sure that you don't have the following folder:
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang'
    If it does exist, then just rename it to lang.old.

This is a starter, but we will get there.
    Gus

I can’t solve it.
    Can you send me Turkish language .zip file?

edited October 2018
    @Sneakwalker,

For the current install (english), the dialog.tlk is showing as being unpacked into the root of the Files folder. The file 'lang-en_US.zip' (which contains dialog.tlk) needs to be in there instead. It also needs to be the one in the modfile and not rezipped/renamed. This is because the zip file index has been modified to allow the game engine to read it's contents. Hopefully that makes sense.

In short, what to do from here is:
    - copy 'lang-en_US.zip' from 'BG1EE-Warlock.zip' into the root of the folder where baldur.lua is located
    - delete dialog.tlk
    - Test game

Hopefully that should get it working.

For the Turkish version attached:
    I can't read Turkish so I can only hope that it was installed correctly. I only tested it up to where the Bard was (from memory) and there wasn't any invalid text where I think the marker for Warlock is.

To Install:
    - you will need to delete the current 'override' folder and 'lang-en_US.zip' from the Files folder before installing the new version.
    - Unpack it into the Files folder as previously done but leave 'lang-tr_TR.zip' as it is (don't unpack). It has also had the fix (centralfix) to its index.

If you had no other mods installed, you can also delete the lang.old folder as well (for either install).

Toes crossed as well
    Gus

Edit: Spelling
    edited October 2018
    Gusinda said:

- Unpack it into the Files folder as previously done but leave 'lang-tr_TR.zip' as it is (don't unpack). It has also had the fix (centralfix) to its index.

I tried to do what you said but i can’t. :(
    And there is no “centralfix” in my tablet.

edited October 2018
    @SneakWalker, don't worry about the centralfix, that has already happened in the modfile.

Well, I was wrong about where Warlock was in the Turkish version. Warlock shows in english on my game.

Everything looks good in the capture (except of course the INVALID text)
    What version of the game are you running? Different versions will cause problems.

If this doesn't work, we have another option...

The attached file is the complete mod with no unpacking required. It is in Turkish so you will need to run the game in Turkish.

To Install:
    - delete current 'override' folder
    - delete 'lang-tr_TR.zip'
    - Download and place 'BGEE2.5.17.0-Warlock_Turkish_Modfile.zip' into the root of Files (where Baldur.lua is)
    - Test game

Lets Hope
    Gus
    @Gusinda
    God bless you. All done at last. Thank you so so so much.
    You are a great man. I admire to your patient.
    @SneakWalker, It's good to see that it is working. Was it the last modfile or something else that was done with the earlier modfiles?

Thanks again for the kind words.
    Gus
    edited October 2018
    With in this your comment’s file.
    I located the mod file in bgee/files, unpack it and done. ?
    @SneakWalker, thanks. Always good to know these things for the next modfile and anyone that may want to use this one.

Gus
    @Gusinda
    Can you send me,
    Sod eng.zip
    Bg2ee eng.zip
    Iwdee tr.zip?
    I still search a PC. ?
    edited October 2018
    Hi @SneakWalker, unfortunately, for BG2EE there is a problem with adding modfiles in the current version. Hoping that this is fixed in 2.6.x. Can't do SOD as I don't have the game on the Android Platform... I am trying a different procedure for SOD and if it works, will see if it also works for you. Should be no problems though for IWDEE.

Gus

Edit: Added IWDEE version
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    @SneakWalker, attached are the sound files for Ammo. All you need to do is unpack the files so that the folder 'sounds' sits in the root of the 'files' folder. Do this for each game. You can then go in and Customise your hero and select AMMO as the voice. Although he will use the voice, you wont get any text on the screen when he says something though.

Gus
    Hi @SneakWalker, I bought SOD in the last sale so I was able to create a Warlock modfile for your game. You will need to unpack this mod into the root of the 'Files' folder. This means you should have 'override' folder unpacked and the file 'lang-en_US.zip' in the root along beside baldur.lua. Give it a test and see if it works.

Fingers Crossed
    Gus
    @SneakWalker, here is the BG2EE one to try. I have made some adjustments and hopefully it plays well. For my testing, I only created a Warlock. Didn't take him on any walks etc... Couldn't let you play all but BG2EE as a Warlock!

To use, just copy the file directly to 'Files' (beside baldur.lua) leaving it packed.

Gus
    @Gusinda
    Wow!!! ?
    You are a great man. I don’t know how i’ll thanks to you. ?