Skip to content

Hello from a new memeber and where can I find a Stoneskin Scroll

Hello, everybody.

This is my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate--any BG game, that is. I have played a number of RPGs before that, both Pillars included, btw, and I am loving the game. I think it's a great game with a timeless quality to it.

So... I am running my party composition with Khalid, Minsc, Viconia, Imoen, PC-Gnome Illusionist and Neera. First run ever, playing on highest difficulty from menu--the one that makes all my toons take double damage. All is good, game is fair and challenging and if I mess something up I will get my wrist slapped hard, but it's a learning curve and two mages give me plenty of options. I managed to get one scroll of Stoneskin for my PC, but I'd really like another one for Neera. Any suggestions?

lolien

Comments

• YazOYazO Member Posts: 10
    I'm actually right at Ice Island right now. I did scout the first floor of the dungeon for traps and did one combat against those 3 mages in the very beginning. Still no scroll :(.

I suppose I get one later on? :)
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2018
    In the original game there is only one floor to the Ice Island and if you are using a mod that has added another floor it might have changed things but if you are playing an unmodded game then you get the scroll from . . .

Dezkiel, who will probably be the last guy you talk to before you leave
    YazOStummvonBordwehrlolien
    Mmm... gotcha, gotcha. I did see another exit from the maze, but I don't know if it's another floor or whatnot.

I will check it out later on.

Thanks.
    lolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Note that a lot of scroll drops in BG are RANDOM. I don't know if it applies to the stoneskin scroll in Ice Island or not, just so you are aware. The one you get from Neera's quest is guaranteed though.
    YazO
    edited October 2018
    Got it... it was with the last mage in the frozen prison maze.

I think that one will always drop a Stoneskin scroll.
    ThacoBellPermidion_StarklolienStummvonBordwehr
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    ThacoBell said:

Note that a lot of scroll drops in BG are RANDOM. I don't know if it applies to the stoneskin scroll in Ice Island or not, just so you are aware. The one you get from Neera's quest is guaranteed though.

The one in Ice Island is guaranteed as well. :)
    ThacoBell
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Oh, nearly forgot.

Welcome to the forum @YazO great to hear you are enjoying the game.
    YazOlolienThacoBellGrond0
    Yeah... Cheers!

BG is right down my alley. I wonder how have I missed it all these years. I really am too much of a combat fag... going Ultimate in PoE, now probably Ultimate in BG, as well xD.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Welcome @YazO ! Enjoy the game and this forum!
    YazO