Skip to content

Change party in-game?

Hi all,
So I know that one of the "features" of Icewind Dale is a lack of any kind of companions that you can encounter.

Because we all make the best choices the first time we set up a party, right?

So now that I am roughly 14 real time hours in, am I able to create new characters and have them join my party in some way and get rid of the ones that I don't like? I mean, I get it, but it would still be nice to have some chatter from a Minsc or an Imoen. And it was always nice to decide who was expendable or could be traded. Currently, it seems that I am stuck with the people I just went with, not realizing that I had no chance to alter anything later on.

AM I missing something here?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You can convert your saved game from single player to multiplayer , that way you can rearrange your party , remove party members, create new ones...
    Also, there is a mod called IWD Npcs which allows you to play with joinable npcs who interact with you.
  • Iorek101Iorek101 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2018
    Nope, you create your characters and that's you with them throughout the game, and they wont banter or anything. If you dont like their stats or class you could change them with EEKeeper?

Or if you really miss your party members chatting there is an IWD NPC mod you could install, this would mean starting a new play through though. And again you would be stuck with these characters throughout the game.

Edit: I suppose you're not actually "stuck" with any of them and can always tell them to leave, but na no replacements
  • Turd FergusonTurd Ferguson Member Posts: 12
    OK, thanks for the clarification and the tips. I mean, I 'get' that some people want to create a complete party, but it seems like there could have been a few NPCs to join. No big deal, still a fun game. I might try the mod or using EEKeeper. Thanks again!
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Turd Ferguson, like @DJKajuru said. To convert your game to multiplayer, just copy the saved game into a folder called 'mpsave'. From there, you can remove the unwanted and create new ones.

Gus