Skip to content

Borderlands 2

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Anyone else have it? I got a copy. It's a blast. Quite a bit improved on the first one (which I also enjoyed) and it's worth playing for the trillions of hilarious pop culture references alone.

If anyone else has it and wants to play together sometime, let me know. My highest dude is an Assassin at 27, and I've got a Gunzerker at 9. If people wanted to try out new dudes, I'm down for that too.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I might have to do the same with this one that I did with the first: wait until it goes on sale on Steam for $20 and then buy it. I just can't justify spending $60 for a PC game anymore...
  • SirCumferenceSirCumference Member Posts: 35
    Looks like crap to me
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    *starts typing reply*

*notices person's username*

Almost fell for the bait. Almost.

@aosaw: I was planning on doing the same. I fell into a free copy of the game, though. Brother got two copies of it for his birthday, one from his wife and the other from co-workers. He re-gifted one of them to me as an early-early birthday gift (mine is in November.)
  • AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 110
    Most of Borderlands has been pretty awesome, but there are some weird places where the difficulty spikes up a bit too high (W4R-D3N). I'm a level 26 Commando and I've been playing single player the entire time, so that could be why. The humor has been good so far, but some of the characters are just terrible.

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Nice Aquabats av, @AlexM. Saw them live in like 2006? or something at a little hole in the wall venue. Good times.

But, yes. Some encounters were clearly not designed with the solo player in mind. I'm okay with that, though. They aren't insurmountable, just challenging.

Which characters are "just terrible?" Not sure what you mean by that.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    The only reason I have Borderlands 1 was because I saw it on sale for $20 for the GotY edition. It was fun and I quite liked it, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I'll probably get Borderlands 2 when it goes on sale for $20.
  • AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 110
    @sandmanCCL I believe that Tiny Tina is a horrible character and not funny at all. Also, Handsome Jack isn't that interesting of a character (Haven't finish the main story yet). He probably has the most amount of dialogue in the game and most of it isn't particularly funny or meaningful.
  • roboticsunroboticsun Member Posts: 42
    I enjoyed the first one for a while but it bored me quickly. I probably will get this game at bargain bin price.
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Haven't played it yet but I can't help but feel that if I ever wanted to play it I'd just play through Borderlands again.
  • ArkynomiconArkynomicon Member Posts: 52
    First one was rather fun.

Waiting until all the DLC is out in some bundle edition. That way all issues will probably have been patched by then.
  • ArktosaArktosa Member Posts: 73
    lucky you guys : I had to buy my own copy + my gf's one for her bday with both season pass... -_- but still : Nice game to play, finally a melee character you can create (Assassin just reached 5k crit) :3
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    It just seems to much of the same game, just with 4 new characters! But it still makes the first game totally obsolete, just like L4D 2 did..
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I keep hearing good things now. The horrible cover art really put me off though. (always judge a book by its cover)