Skip to content

Dual-Classing Sarevok?

Is it worth it? If so, which class? I'm just trying to create a different experience and changing Sarevok is one possibility I may go with when my current playthrough reaches Throne of Bhaal. I'm going to use Sarevok regardless, but I was just curious.

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    The only drawback is his XP will be below the party totals if you played through all SOA rather than started fresh in TOB, but his stats are amazing as is his special ability and he will rapidly become quite the beast as Mage or Thief. Mage is probably the most popular option and he'll earn a ton of experience just learning his spells so will be a passable mage right out the gate i would imagine.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Borek
    I'll keep that in mind.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    A fighter mage is solidly stronger than a fighter thief, though he's no pushover as that either.

In favour of the thief, they have low xp requirements for levels, so you might get your fighter abilities back surprisingly quickly if you dual immediately.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it also depends on party size and on exploits on when you are getting your fighter levels back,

( based on a team of 6 and no XP exploits )
    if you dual him over to thief i can usually get my fighter levels back the time i hit amkethran with watcher's keep finished ( which isnt too shabby, decent amount of game left to actually to advantage of the fighter/thief combo )

but if you dual over to mage, you will basically be at the throne of bhaal battle the time he gets his fighter skills back, which is a bit of a luck luster bonus at this stage of the game, and it's entirely possible that without some grind he still might not hit more than 2 level 9 spells ( so would it be even worth it? )

personally i like Sarevok as a front line fighter, he has tons of HP ( he can even reach over 200 fairly easily ) and he is great with weapons, any weapon in fact, i usually go scimitar for the yamanto +4 and use a shield for some killer AC