Skip to content

BG2EE or Original+mods?

I always think of returning to BG2.

What is better to playthrough BG2EE or BG2 original version.

I would like to use difficulty enhancing mods aswell, so I am unsure if they work well with BG2EE? What do you guys suggest? Thanks.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Why not just do EE+Mods? Because of engine improvements EE mods can do things that were impossible in vanilla.
    Goturalmlnevese
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    Ok so it seems EE+mods does work. I was reading comments before that made me believe that EE+mods have had many issues or are unfinished.

If stuff like SCS does work properly then I would definitely want to go EE+mods.

So is SCS fully working and what other mods can people reccommend. Thanks guys!
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    I did SCS + Ascension and really enjoyed it. Had a bug here and there, but nothing the debug console couldn’t fix.
    Gotural
    edited October 2018
    Were there alot of bugs and what do you mean fixing it with the debug console. How do you do that?

I remember the last time I tried BG2EE + ascension and or SCS like 2 years ago, there were alot of bugs I encountered and thats why I stopped playing it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its kinda hilarious to see people complain about the EEs being "buggy" yet, still play the original. There is no real comparison, the originals were barely held together with hopes and dreams.
    StummvonBordwehrBorekmlneveseOrlonKronsteen
    edited October 2018
    And another question, I just realised there is also the Tac-Tics mod.

So the 3 difficulty enhancing mods are
    SCS
    Ascension
    Tac Tics

Which on these can work properly and which of them should I use. I have a feeling it has already been answered, SCS+Ascension correct?

So if I install those 2, is that all I need? Or are there other supporting mods I needs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Thnx for in p ut subtledoctor, I am merly trying to find out how and what I need to get EE working properly with SCS+Ascension
    edited October 2018
    If I want to use Ascension and SCS, what other mods are recommended or required?

And what difficulty setting are these 2 mods designed to be played with, i wanted a real chalenge?

Legacy of Bhaal or something lower?
    Post edited by shadow85 on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StummvonBordwehrOrlonKronsteen
    Ok thanks. Ill wait for the new SCS v32 theb before starting my play. They seem to have tweaked the difficulty slider.

• WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2018
    shadow85 said:

And another question, I just realised there is also the Tac-Tics mod.

Tactics is like the mod for BG2 powergamers. It basically assumes that hey, if you're going to cheese the game, the game will cheese back. If I remember correctly, it also adds tons of powerful new items(mostly used by enemies...) though sadly I could never get my hands on a list or some such thing.

I wonder how compatible it would be with EE.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FiddlerFiddler Member Posts: 30
    shadow85 said:

Ok thanks. Ill wait for the new SCS v32 theb before starting my play. They seem to have tweaked the difficulty slider.

Might be wise. SCS can be very hard with some of the selections. Improved Spellcasting is very hard. It includes everything that cast spells, including Lich's. I had to turn off spellcasting, after getting slammed with Time Stops in SoA. My party was too weak or my determination was not up to snuff to deal with it. I liked the other hard choices, though.
    Just wait till u get the Mace of Distuption and use that on the Lich. Eventually 1 hit will kill the Lich.