Skip to content

Evil Charname - DPS Tank and/or Thief - class?

DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
I'm still enjoying my current playthrough with a NG Elf F/M/T, now doing SOD, and will go all the way to TOB.

But I like to dream/plan ahead and contemplating my first Evil playthrough ever and leaning towards a Fighter / Thief combo of sorts. Not sure whether to go for a multi or dual class or maybe some kit?

I really like him to be a kickass tank/frontliner with high damage output, so might even go for a Blackguard or such. Not really looking for a spellcaster.

All thoughts/tips/suggestions welcome!
Post edited by Dordledum on

Comments

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    The Blackguard is a great choice, kickass AC, HP and damage output right from the start. The +2 to all saves from being a Paladin shouldn't be overlooked either, it's easier to get saves close to 0 with a few items.

Plus it synergizes well with all the permanent bonuses you will get in the trilogy (the Tomes in BG1, the Hell Trials in BG2, the bonuses from the Ascension mod if you use it, etc), you will slowly turn from a very good dark fighter to an unholy lord of murder later on.
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    edited October 2018
    Thank you.

Just wondering whether blackguards can use holy avengers like carsomyr? I'd expect not, but don't remember whether they are just "paladin only" or also tied to Alignment.

Edit: Read the wiki. No Carsomyr, but apparently decent alternatives for Blackguards available.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    edited October 2018
    Indeed no Carsomyr, but there is the Unholy Reaver, and there is at least one mod available that allows you to merge the two together with a demon heart to create a fully functional evil version of Carsomyr.

You can also wield flails, with the Defender of Easthaven giving you 20% damage resistances, plus Hardiness and Armor of Faith you will have 85% physical resistances in the late game, allowing you to go toe to toe with Dragons and stuff. The Flail of Ages is a good main hand choice in that case.