Skip to content

What happens to exp. when I start ToB?

Finally passed where I got to in SoA many, many years ago, and getting ready to go to the damned elf city with the lantern. I'm taking a break to do all the NPC quests for those I didn't pick up and catch up those who fell behind (ie. Imoen). But I'm curious, will all my NPCs lose their exp, levels, and spells when I import into ToB?

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    You shouldn't have to import. The game will automatically transition to ToB after you complete SoA. Your companions won't lose their gear, levels, or spells.
  • TraumaDramaTraumaDrama Member Posts: 56
    One more question. Are there any skills or characters that become useless in ToB? I recently switched out Valygar from Minsc, because I liked the addition of his sneaking, and I already had a tank and a heavy hitter. Does backstabbing become useless in ToB? I've also been having fun doing Rasaad's quests. Does he get OP in ToB?
    Most ToB bosses are immune to backstabs and fiend types can see through invisibility, so backstabbing is less useful than in SoA, but it's still a useful skill to thin enemy ranks. By the way Valygar can tank just as well and hit just as hard as Minsc if properly equipped. There are several good armors that stalkers can wear. In fact one of the best suits of armor in the game can be used by stalkers. Mechanically speaking Valygar > Minsc imo.

Have never played with Rasaad in ToB but he's a monk and monks get very strong at high levels, so he should be a strong addition to your party.
    Without too many spoilers, should I already have found this armor, or is that in ToB? I do agree that Valygar is underrated. His weapon proficiencies were also perfect for the high-level spears and katanas I'd collected.
    You need to get the armor made from scales found in an area you can access in SoA but also in ToB...
    The shadow dragon armor?