Skip to content

Call Lightning not working in BGEE2 2.5.16.6

I'm having a rather odd problem. Was starting a new game in ToB with a druid character and whenever he casts call lightning he only gets a single bolt immediatly after completing the cast but no subsequent ones. At level 16 he should be getting additional lightning bolts for several turns while hostiles are around. I'm currently playing with a fresh install with no mods. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The spell has several oddities that may or may not be bugs depending on the game:
    • It does not move with the party, it remains where it was cast. (hardcoded)
    • (BG) It triggers once per 4 levels, up to 4 times maximum. (it only scales to level 18).
    • (BG) It triggers every round (6s), not every turn (60s). (hardcoded)
    • (IWD) It triggers once per level, up to 11 times maximum. (per description)
    • (IWD) It triggers every round (6s). (per description) (hardcoded)
    • It must have a valid target within range for every bolt, or the spell will end. (hardcoded)
    • It cannot target the same creature twice in a row. (hardcoded)
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2018
    That explains it then. There was only one other hostile creature by the time a second bolt could occur. I was doing the first ToB battle which only has one main enemy (she can cast a few summons but they don't last long). I was so sure the spell could attack the same creature several times repeatedly. My bad...