Skip to content

I somehow made the UI go away and it is just the battlefield on the screen, how do I change it back?

I don't know what I did but the only way to get it back is to hit spacebar and pause it but once unpaused the user interface goes away again... can someone please help me this is a real biotch! ;(

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

If it's what I think you are describing, it happened to me.
    All the portraits disappear, yes? You can't play but pausing makes it look like the game is OK?

So it happened for me when I killed all the Red Wizards (BG2) before Neera turned up in the Bridge District. It basically crashed the game but the game didn't shut down. You got the dialogue ect. but nobody on screen.

There's no cure as far as I know for what happened to me, just had to reload and only kill the guards not the female RW who talks.

Just thinking it might be a similar situation.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    'H' is the hotkey to toggle the UI.
    Grond0semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Yup. You just pressed "H." Press it again and everything goes back to normal.

It's also possible to accidentally remove the right half of the UI by pressing "U," which will make the party's portraits disappear. Same solution: press "U" again and it toggles it back.
    Grond0JuliusBorisov
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

So it happened for me when I killed all the Red Wizards (BG2) before Neera turned up in the Bridge District. It basically crashed the game but the game didn't shut down. You got the dialogue ect. but nobody on screen.

There's no cure as far as I know for what happened to me, just had to reload and only kill the guards not the female RW who talks.

Just thinking it might be a similar situation.

Pressing 'H' will bring back the UI in that case too. I do it every playthrough for a free Amulet of Protection +2 from Mereth.
    JuliusBorisovGrond0UnderstandMouseMagic