Skip to content

If I am going to make a Kensai/Mage is 87 stat points enough or should I keep rolling?

It is actually 63 free points and 24 mandatory points (9 Strength, 3 Dexterity, 3 Constitution, 3 Intelligence, 3 Wisdom, and 3 Charisma)
My three questions are: 1.) Should I keep rolling for higher stat points? (I still have the stat rolling screen open.)
2.) What should I put those skills into for a Kensai/Mage?
3.) Can a Mage that is Dual-Classed have a familiar?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Well you'll want 18 in the three combat skills (STR, DEX, CON) and 18 INT. That only leaves 9 points for the other two. Unless you get 18(00) STR I'd keep rolling personally.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Should be. I have done a solo, no reload with a K>M with 75. I know the game pretty well but there is no reason anyone can’t play with any stats, it is one of the most solid characters possible.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited October 2018
    Kensai/mages are very strong regardless of stats as long as you have an 18/xx strength and a high enough intelligence to be able to dual. That said, let's try to keep down the number of nearly identical threads about rolling up kensai duals, some of the same points are being made in each.
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    sorry
    Sheesh, when will I ever learn to read everything?
    Strength and charisma are the play with stats for most non thief characters, they can be modified from the beginning of SoA. Strength spell will hold you until you get the belt. Intelligence should not go below nine unless you know when, where and how to circumvent the limitations if you are playing solo, I personally like 11. Wisdom is only necessary if you plan to use wish or if she will be the main identifier, it helps heaps not to have a negative. Even if you use Wish you can use potions to make it happen so your call. Constitution, dexterity and intelligence will be the best to make your life easier from a micromanage standpoint.
    Yes you can have a familiar.
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    Okay, I just re-rolled and got a 70 (not including the mandatory 24 a fighter must have). My attributes are Strength: 18/19, Dexterity: 18, Constitution: 18, Intelligence: 18, Wisdom: 3, Charisma: 3, and I have 16 points left over, how should I divvy them up between Charisma and Wisdom?
    Wow, sometimes my stupid brain is annoying, obviously you need 15 strength and 17 intelligence minimum.
    Okay, that was just lag. Wisdom, The Ring of Human Influence will do everything you will ever need to do with charisma.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2018
    Wish spell has 18 Wisdom requirement for some good options.
  • borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    Intelligence above 17 is useless. Even if you play core rules, there are many int-raising potions for sale at the temples. If you drink two of them, base int 17 means you reach 25 int and zero scroll writing failure. It also eliminates all limitations on the number of different spells you can learn.