Skip to content

Help with Fallen Paladins

Erm, I apparently took the wrong side in the brawl - because when you run across a bunch of snotty, full-plate wearing thugs beating up on some folks who are just trying to make a living, you help the little guys, right? Apparently not if you want to advance your quest. So Reynald's dead, and after killing him Vittorio dragged me into his gong problem, and Jaheira showed up and insisted I go back to the Harpers with her .... long story short, reload's not an option.

Is it possible to reset the quest, and if so, can someone talk me through it? I got the console running, but I haven't quite figured out the commands or where to find quest names and variables and such.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    Try typing the following command into the console:

C:CreateCreature("kaypal02")

This command summons Reynald, and what I'm hoping is that if you initiate dialogue with him he will continue the quest as normal. If not, it means one or more of the variables needed to trigger the dialogue registers as false. If so, use the following commands to ensure all the variables register as true:

C:SetGlobal("KaylStartFight","GLOBAL",2)
    C:SetGlobal("KaylPartyHelped","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("ReynaldJob","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("TalkedAfterFight","LOCALS",0)

Hope this helps, I'm not sure what to do if it doesn't work, but it ought to.
  • AelinaAelina Member Posts: 3
    Fantastic! Thanks so much - he spawns with the first command, but says he has no time to talk or some such. The second command (startfight) put me somewhere after the fight, I guess, because he gave me the task. In any case, I'm back on track with the quest.

Just in case I do something like this again, where/how do I find the ... um ... names of quest stages? Variables? Strings of letters to put in between the quotation marks - i.e. KaylStartFight, KaylPartyHelped, etc.

Thanks again for your help!
  • compleCCitycompleCCity Member Posts: 52
    Can be quite complicated …

Most of these "global variables" are set (and/or checked) during dialogues, some are done by scripts. So, what you would have to do is examining the related dialogues and scripts for your specific situation with a game files browser, like Near Infinity.
    With that you can open a dialogue file, browse through the choices you've made or check others, and look for those "SetGlobal" entries, which would give you the variables' names and values from that specific choice/situation. Similar for scripts.

By the way, if you know the global variables you want to change, this can also be done with EE Keeper instead of the console.
  • AelinaAelina Member Posts: 3
    Hmm ... sounds like it's easier just to pay better attention and not screw up the quests. I've done ok fiddling with console commands in other games (various Fallouts or Elder Scrolls come to mind), but for them someone else had already done the work and most of the variables were listed on one wiki or another. Or they just work differently.