Skip to content

I bought all the enhanced editions on steam and the cursor will not show up at all PLEASE HELP!

20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
I ordered Baldur's Gate I, II, Icewind Dale, and Torment all enhanced editions and I cannot see my cursor when the main menu shows up. Please help me... I deleted some old versions of my games because I thought these would be better. Any info you need just ask.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @2088432, to assist, I would like to ask some questions about your system.

- I am guessing that you are running Windows 10. Would you be able to run DXDIAG from Cortona/Search, save the results and upload.
    - Could you also upload your baldur.lua renamed to baldur.lua.txt (just you BG1EE would be fine as any fixed on can be used for the rest of the games). It is located in '.\Your Documents Folder\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition'

That should give enough info to start with. In the meantime, we can try modifying the backend of Baldur's Gate 1 (work on that one first and the rest should be able to follow if it is a simple fix).
    My initial thought is a video driver for your system needs to be updated but we can also try changing which engine Baldur's Gate uses. It should default to OpenGL so we will change it to DirectX.

To change the backend to DirectX:
    - Install DirectX 9.0c and setup your engine to run using DirectX. Both DirectX 9 and DirectX12 can run on the same system so you wont be downgrading at all...
    - Edit the baldur.lua (while the game is not running) and find the line below; change it from a 0 to a 1. (0 = OpenGL, 1=DirectX)

SetPrivateProfileString('Graphics','Backend','1')

- Save the file, making sure that whatever editor you are using does not rename the file. Notepad has a habit to add .txt to the end of the files you edit depending on the way it is configured. I use the free Notepad++ as my default editor.
    - Start the game and see what happens.

That is a start. Lets see what happens from here.
    Gus
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov