Skip to content

City content in chapter 7?

If one beelines through chapter 5, can one then do the skipped city quests in chapter 7?
Or are they closed of then?

Comments

• LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    The only ones I can think of from the top of my head is

- Scar's 2 quests before he tell's you to investigate Iron Throne headquarters
    - Fergus' Angelskin ring quest inside Flaming Fist compound after flaming fist have turned hostile to you in chapter 7 (I'd imagine you can still sneak there before getting caught by a flaming fist officer and escaping jail so it's probably not totally missable)
    - The Thieves guild quests (2 heists and the Halruaan airship) that won't be there after Sarevoks coronation since he slaughters the guys.

Can't think of any other ones that won't be there. So outside of Scar's quests which you need to accept and do when he offers not really. Doing quests in the Gate can become quite a drag in chapter 7 though with angry knights on your heels, especially since they follow you inside doors in EE.
    Loldrup
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Yep, you certainly want to be ready with immobilization spells if you're going to go this route.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Lammas said:

The only ones I can think of from the top of my head is

Doing quests in the Gate can become quite a drag in chapter 7 though with angry knights on your heels, especially since they follow you inside doors in EE.

What about doing them in chapter 8 then?
    I have not played through SOD even once so far (only recently picked up EE and completed it in a couple of ways, currently sitting at the beginning of SOD waiting for some good relax time with the game) so I don't know about that. I didn't even know the whole city is available in SOD.
    Lammas said:

I have not played through SOD even once so far...

What I meant was: what about doing the chapter 5 city quests after Sarevok has fled the coronation ceremony? Then the city guards shouldn't be hostile anymore.
    Oh? I thought you meant SOD since I've seen it's first chapter referred to as chapter 8. Well, I guess there shouldn't be a problem then aside from the heists from Narlen and the Halruaan parts from the guild boss since Sarevok kills them on his way.

I do have to ask why do you want so much to do them in chapter 7 instead of just doing them in chapter 5 if you are going to do them at all like you seem to be willing? Aside from the STR tome maybe making some difference for your character I just don't understand why not just do them in chapter 5 to begin with?
    I don't know what to use all that Candlekeep loot (eg. mage scrolls) for, so going to candlekeep sooner might mean I get more usage of them.
    Someone should make a mod that has a mechant that sells all the loot in the game for 1gp a piece. Then the challenge is to finish the game, while actually using most/all of the loot. To avoid having it be too easy, one should severely level restrict oneself, and also use a full party (making you vulnerable, as compared to solo)