Skip to content

Drow merchant crashes game

There are three Drow merchants near the Ust Natha city entrance. Spell and potion merchants are ok but the item merchant is crashing my game everytime I ask him to show me his goods. What can be the cause? Corrupted item? How can I see what he has to sell? Near Infinity? How to check what he sells and eventualy remove corrupted item(s)?

Comments

• compleCCitycompleCCity Member Posts: 52
    ''Near Infinity'' sounds good. Get the area code with "x" in-game, open that area with NI. There's a list with placed characters, which usually includes merchants. Browse through them. Their dialogue files (can be opened from the creature file) will contain a scripted line with the name of the store (which is – by the way – often named the same as the creature). Then go to the according *.STO file and check the list of sold items.
    Aerakar
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Guessing it's UDDROW23.STO.

When this crashing from a merchant has happened to me before, I traced it to an error with the description text of a weapon the merchant was offering for sale. The word Ninja-to in the text uses a special character, and I suppose it was not carried over properly.

Can you try consoling in a SW1H48 (standard ninja-to) and see if your game crashes immediately? The merchant carries that, it has a special character in it.
    AerakarcompleCCityNoonDordledum
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    It was indeed a frigging ninja-to. Edited in NI and no crash! Thanks!
    Dordledum