Skip to content

Dark Horizons unusable items

ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
I love the Dark Horizons mod, but some of the better items in it, like Duragon's Plate+3 and that shield the paladin carries in the Friendly Arm encounter seem to be completely unusable. I thought this might be by design, but some of the items for sale also suffer from this. I've even tried to drag items into editors to find and fix issues, but they still don't work. Should I just look for an earlier version of this mod, and try to replace the items, or they just hopelessly bugged in all versions?

Comments

• ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    Update: Looks like something is bugged with the usability; I removed all restrictions, and the items now work.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852

Update: Looks like something is bugged with the usability; I removed all restrictions, and the items now work.

How did you do that? I have the same issues. :(
  • BlackskullBlackskull Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2017

When I saw DH items with DLTCEP, There were lots of items which 'base class' wasn't checked and due to this any class can't use or wear the items.

So if you want to use them, you must check 'base class' of Usability tab of DLTCEP, and save the items' *.itm file and paste them to override folder.

There are, in addition, many DH items didn't match their descriptions, (For example, Wyvern helm has +40% fire resistance which we can't see on the description) and therefore you ought to modify not only 'base class' but item's 'equipping effects'.

Post edited by Blackskull on
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Just wondering - I use DH BG:EE Version 2.13
    - Duragon's Plate+3 does not exist, there is Duragon's Plate+4, useable by all fighter types (MAPLA001.itm)
    - Wyvern Head Helm (MACMHE01.itm) is useable by everyone except bard and monk, it has 25% magic resistence as in the description and 40% fire resistance not mentioned in description.

Either there are different versions or some other mod(s) make your changes?

When I saw DH items with DLTCEP, There were lots of items which 'base class' wasn't checked and due to this any class can't use or wear the items.

So if you want to use them, you must check 'base class' of Usability tab of DLTCEP, and save the items' *.cre file and paste them to override folder.

There are, in addition, many DH items didn't match their descriptions, (For example, Wyvern helm has +25% fire resistance which we can't see on the description) and therefore you ought to modify not only 'base class' but item's 'equipping effects'.

Thanks. I don't have DLTCEP, only EEkeeper and NearInfinity. So to follow your advice I'll have to get it from G3.
  • Jarlaxle1Jarlaxle1 Member Posts: 3
    Hello together,

I had the problems with several items in this mod as well. I got the information that the problem came from the mod itselfe and also from the mod item revisions which changes some items and their abilitys. Don't know if the problem will fixed in these mods so I corrected the items with NearInfinity and made a list of the items in a german forum which you can find here:

https://baldurs-gate.de/index.php?threads/doufas-säbel-kurzschwert-von-den-kopfgeldjägern-tristan-und-isolde.44573/#post-1074676
    I'll try and sort them all for my game and share them for the benefit of others if/when I do.