Skip to content

Inter Class Synergies

MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
I'd love to hear some suggestions on this theme, both of things that simply "work" and things that are just really great.
It's not something I've put that much thought into before.
A few examples
Doom from a ranger or Jaheira (someone who wouldn't be focused on casting much) to prepare for a chromatic orb or similar save/die spell. Improved haste from mage onto fighter with a weapon that casts an effect, such as holy avenger (dispell) to maximise effectiveness.

As you can see, I don't have many examples so I'm really interested to see if there are some creative solutions out there.
booinyoureyes

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Hmm. Not any crazy synergy in it, but the usual thing I do is have one mage specialized in stripping defenses and another to unload the pain. Also a tank guy like Minsc geared up with 90-100% fire resistance going in and occupying a group of enemies while the casters drop fireballs on it.
    Moomintrollbooinyoureyes
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Fun thing to remember, if you get a resistance over 100 it actually starts healing your character. My cavalier learned this on the Firkraag fight.......
    Moomintrollbooinyoureyes
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Aye, indeed. I tend to make use of that when I take on Daer'Ragh and his phoenix guards.
    Moomintroll
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Im running a three mage party atm... Charname conjurer, edwin, and dual classed imoen. Someone drops a greater malision, then the next mage hits emotion, followed by blind on tough guys like doom guards just to make sure. Nearly entire groups neutralized in seconds. Swap out emotion with chromatic orb for single opponents and youve got about a 90% chance you just stunned them.
    Moomintrollbooinyoureyes
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I love malison and emotion, I just dislike needing two mages to get it off quickly.
    booinyoureyes
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Isn't it possible to load both of them into the same sequencer?
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I think you need the level 7 sequencer to do it @sandmanCCL. The level 4 one (iirc) caps at erm, level 2 spells.
    Moomintroll
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I was thinking more at higher levels, because obviously minor sequencer can't hold spells it's own level in it.

There's a reason I always run at least 2 arcane casters.
    Moomintroll
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I think that's understandable, just not my personal preference.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I have a few npc-equipment combos, does that count?
    Viconia + Human flesh armour + neckless of 10%mr = immunity to magic
    Haer Dalis + Ring of freedom of movement = Spin attacks + defence abilities allow movement
    Rogue + Staff of striking = Backstabbing is very powerful
    Fighter class + Red dragon armour + scroll of fire res/ potion of fire res + Harbringer = Awesome fireballs all the time durin combat which dont hurt you.
    Dual wielder + put belm in offhand = Still uses a powerful weapon and gains an extra attack per round
    Korgan goes berserk + Cloak of mirroring + Shield of harmony = totally immunity to anything a group of beholders, gauths, and elder orbs can throw at you.
    Moomintrollbooinyoureyes