Skip to content

Current State of SCS/Ascension on EE?

Hi all,

I know it's probably been talked to death, and I've looked in a few threads to try and find the information myself, but what is the current state of compatibility between SCS and Ascension?

The last time around that I tried it there were lots of bugs that needed hotfixes e.g. slayer transform leading to death, crashes in abazigal's lair. I couldn't even complete the final battle because of the amount of bugs going on (demons not appearing, essence tubes not working).

Any insight you could provide would be helpful.

Comments

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    SCS recently got updated to v31 fixing many bugs. DavidW is also working on V32. Not sure on Ascension. I always have it installed but I rarely get to that point in game.
  • Livegood118Livegood118 Member Posts: 48

SCS recently got updated to v31 fixing many bugs. DavidW is also working on V32. Not sure on Ascension. I always have it installed but I rarely get to that point in game.

Thanks - I've decided to leave it this playthrough. Not worth the trouble of running in to massive bugs later on.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Im just finishing two SCS ascension runs and some bugs but was able to work around with console
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @subtledoctor No one is working to fix bug/improve code because there is no active mod maintainer.
    ThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited November 2018
    I beat this a few months back. The only problems I had was the paths to the essence pools were not lit up but you could still walk from the pools to the main platform without issue so it wasn't a game stopper. I installed all of the components from Ascension and the only part that caused instability was the final battle. I did get some crashes that would occur during the final battle and that is about it but the final battle is frustrating enough on it's own without the crashes. I managed to beat it without relying on the console. It probably crashes 1 out of every 10 tries. Not great but plenty playable. This was just before version 2.5 came out so I can't say if anything has changed for the worse since then.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Basically all of the bugs with SCS happen in the final battle.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited November 2018

Unfortunately not good enough for those of us without access to the console.

In case you missed it, I've recently updated my thread with instructions on how to enable the Console :).........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.