Skip to content

Tool to compress/clean NWN database files?

The built-in game database doesn't delete records, just creates new ones and archives the old ones. There used to be a tool that cleaned out these old records. Anyone remember what it was called or is there newer version of tool available ?

Comments

• dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    I am using DBF Commander to work with the DB off game. But it is better to do those deletions per script. Such as read out the data first, save this temporary and then delete what you do not want. Delete the old DB (there is some function about) and then save the temporary laid down data into a new DB.
    @FinalStand: One thing to mention, OpenOffice Base can open the databases with a dBase connection. Didn't tried to work with it yet. So I don't know if it could delete records... But I'm not finished yet, will give it a try as soon as I have the time.
    Okay, it is possible to delete a record fully, not only archive it. It seems to work with OpenOffice Base ;) Beware of large databases, those need much memory to work with!
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    Have a look at NBDE mate, it's faster and takes care of your packing problems. Can't search for the link at the moment, you may find it on the vault.
    Hope this doesn't come too late for you :)
    Yes that works too. It stores all the data local (even objects) on a item and then in the DB.
    Don't know, if it supports converting existent DBs to NBDE... Eventually the OP must write a scripted converter.

Another solution is this on GitHub: nimdbf by invanflorentin. It converts from dbase to sql, but yet it's not complete... If compiled correctly, it will be a commandline tool.