Skip to content

Who is your favorite anime villain?

2»

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited November 2018
    Since the topic is risen from the dead. I mentioned that myp revious pick was partly due to me not watching enough anime. Time to update.

First of all, Makishima Shougo from Psycho-pass. Intelligent, literate with good character design and personal philosophy. At the same time, he's very dangerous and unremorseful. Kirito Kamui from season 2 is also an internesting villain, and in somea reas more succesful than Shougo, but not as charismatic overall.

From One Piece, Sir Crocodile and Charlotte Katakuri. Crocodile was first extremely dangerous and cool villain in the story. Katakuri is an really powerful villain with interesting depth to him that's not really seen at the first glance. Also, both characters have potential to still be important in the future.

Father from Fullmetal Alchemist was mentioned before, but I haven't mentioned him and I think he deserves that.

Kai Chisaki from My Hero Academia. Can't say too much, because the anime has not covered him yet (he will be in season 4) but I'll just say this: he's very dangerous and magnificient bastard that shifts the tone of the entire series.

On the side note, I see Team Rocker being mentioned in the topic. They are sometimes entertaining, sometimes annoying but I don't see them as a villains, really. Misty is however a real villain, with her hypocrisy, incompetence, verbal and physical abuse of Ash and Pokemon she doesn't like, even her own. She also lacks any self-awareness or regrets for anything douchy she ever does.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Dio from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. This guy, he loves every single second of his existence. His on reach on the is series is far reaching, even going to so far as effecting things years after he is dead. He is also the rare villain who succeeds in

Permanently killing the main protaganist opposite him.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Ryoga the Lost Boy from Ranma 1/2... he's clueless, but he's crazy tough, and few people other than Ranma can take him. Hard to say between him and Shampoo though. I really like silly things I suppose, though I have watched plenty of serious anime too. From the more serious anime I've seen, Full Metal Alchemist's Shou Tucker is pretty horrifyingly callous, even though he is later an absurd figure.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    How about Cain from Trinity Blood? Pretty good villain there...
    You know, I remember liking Trinity Blood, but I can barely remember any specifics about it. Weird.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Gary Oak
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Objection! Light is the good guy, not the bad guy!
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Kall Su from Bastard, but i don't know if i consider him as a villain

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    I was trying to decide between Lelouch (Code Geass), Gilgamesh (Fate), and maybe Father Alexander (Hellsing) and Esdeath (Akame ga Kill).
    Then I realised this has been my wallpaper for near a decade by now
    ThacoBell said:

You know, I remember liking Trinity Blood, but I can barely remember any specifics about it. Weird.

Not even its magnificent opening? Shame on you :p

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Ardanis I also have to show you this one, but is frankly hilarious...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2kAdG7VW4

And since I dropped a funny video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Qve4nXMYI
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    ThacoBell said:

Dio from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. This guy, he loves every single second of his existence. His on reach on the is series is far reaching, even going to so far as effecting things years after he is dead. He is also the rare villain who succeeds in

Permanently killing the main protaganist opposite him.
    Dio is one of my favorites too... Za Warudo!!! Also, i like enemies who are tough because they have interesting abilities, not because they can materialize an big energy ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DefXS17jZwE
    JoJo is arguably the best example of power levels not mattering in anime. I would simply love it for that alone, but it just has SO MUCH going for it in addition to this,
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    werid, i noticed that i chose other, even though cell is one of my favourite villians ( the only animes i ever watched is dragon ball z/super and the first season or so of pokémon )

so who was i thinking of? hmm...... well if i have to choose somebody im going to go with android 21 from dragon ball fighter z, she can be my waifu ( is that how it's spelled? ) any day ;)
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Depending on how you interpret his character and Neon Genesis Evangelion as a whole... it's Gendo!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RsepQh342g