Skip to content

Crom Faeyr or Defender of Easthaven for Korgan off-hand?

Im planning on using korgan as a main tank frontliner with axe on mainhand.
Should I boost his defense with Defender of easthaven or boost his damage and thaco with crom faeyr

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited November 2018
    @Wormking

Korgan? He's a pretty solid tank as it is, give him a nice suit of armor and Crom Faeyr will do nicely.

It's a lot of work to get Crom Faeyr though but you probably already knew that.

In Case You Didn't Know

1. Gauntlets Of Ogre Power- Planar Sphere
    2. Girdle of Frost Giant Strength-Demon Knights in the Western Tunnels in the Underdark
    3. Hammer of Thunderbolts- Mind Flayer Lair in the Temple Sewers which requires the Sewer Key which requires you to complete the Windspear Hills quest to obtain
    4. Crom Faeyr Scroll- Shadow Dragon in the Temple Ruins

I personally find the Mind Flayer Lair to be the most difficult part, so I'd save that for last.

I'd switch Crom Faeyr to main hand in Suldanesselar though, just because it's Golem Central over there. It won't do much against the Iron or Adamanatine Golems, but the other golems will go down like a sack of bricks from one hit
    Wormking
  • IhatememesIhatememes Member Posts: 29
    Axe of the Unyielding + Crom Faeyr.
    25 str 20 con, 4 hp regen/round, 10% chance of instakill, Enrage, Greater Whirlwind.

Only cheesy protagonist Kensai dual-classes can even come close to his prowess.
    ZaramMaldovar
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Ihatememes
    What about a barbarian/mage with the same set up and a Time Stop spell?
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I think that later in game offensive beats defense, so I woud go with Crom.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Do not dismiss Defender, however. With defender+hardiness+roranach's horn Korgan can tank crusher enemies like some fire giants (non-axe users) and all golems. It is hillarious.
    Wormking
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    DoE. Yeah, he can do damage, he can also tank and that looks like what you are asking. CF is amazing but in a party anyone can be the butt kicker. The tank’s job is to absorb hits, Ax of the Unyielding and Defender of Easthaven in a way give you both a tank and killer. Not a pleasant thought but it is the truth. He doesn’t have to be just a tank, he is just really good at it and he can and does kill a lot of the bad guys while being a sword magnet. CF is superfluous for him towards the end, take DoE and laugh at the morons that try to kill him.
    Wormking