Skip to content

What is the best Two-Handed sword for a Lawful Good fighter?

I've noticed every super powerful sword I find isn't usable by good alignments (currently I am using a Sword of Chaos +2).

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    The best? Gram the Sword of Grief.

(For Paladins or thieves with UAI, Carsomyr +6 is probably the best option.)
  • borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    Early on: Lilarcor. Late game: Silver Sword
  • FiddlerFiddler Member Posts: 30
    The Silver Sword killed Firkraag in one hit on my last game. A very powerful sword for SoA.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    and if you don't like the silver sword in chapter 6, you can buy the warblade at the adventurer's mart under ribald's special wares, does 1d12+4 damage ( pretty solid damage wise )
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    edited November 2018

The best? Gram the Sword of Grief.

(For Paladins or thieves with UAI, Carsomyr +6 is probably the best option.)

mmm, but the game is more or less over by the time you kill Abazigal..

Lilarcor is a good bet for large parts of SoA, Joril's dagger is also quite good.
    Silver Sword is decent, but it kind of depends on decent proc rolls
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Silver sword has 25 % proc chance so that's quite a lot. It has the easiest save out of the "beheaders" (I forgot what the effect is called. Vorpal?) but if you throw a greater malison in the mix it's often putting Axe of unyielding and Ravager halberd to shade with their 10 % proc chance, even if the latter doesn't even allow save.

Silver sword is pretty damn amazing IMO.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Yeah.. but it's a +3 and you get it after underdark i guess most people are nearly done with SoA, as it's at least my understanding that folks finish the sidequests before underdark.. so it's really just a brief walk through suldanesselar and you're in ToB, where anyone that matters are immune to +3, and thus immune to the vorpal..

So to me, the silver sword recieves the same fate as Gram.. you get it so late that it becomes irrelevant.
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Unless EE has changed things radically "most things that matter" certainly are not immune to +3.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i actually use the silver sword a lot, even through ToB, you would be amazed at how often it kills baddies in one go, even without greater malison