Skip to content

New exciting Kickstarter: "Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen" TB CRPG w/ 3.5e rules

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited November 2018

I'm going to have to look up Phoenix point, then

It's already out in Early Access, and it's Turn-based, but more like X-Com than D&D
    Yup, that's all I needed to hear.

I.e. as my last edit said: I'm already sold
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

I'm going to have to look up Phoenix point, then

It's already out in Early Access, and it's Turn-based, but more like X-Com than D&D
    Yup, that's all I needed to hear.

I.e. as my last edit said: I'm already sold
    Yer welcome lad
    Backed. Heh, finally

Backed. Heh, finally

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Almost there! It’s now about €2000 away with 4 days to go. Stretch goals too much of a pipe dream :)

There is another update live too! Voice acting and tavern games! Tavern stuff sounds great you can play dice, cards and other things and even use your skills/stats to keep things in your favour. Sounds like it’ll help to make taverns look more alive than static and empty.

edited November 2018
    spacejaws said:

Almost there! It’s now about €2000 away with 4 days to go. Stretch goals too much of a pipe dream :)

There is another update live too! Voice acting and tavern games! Tavern stuff sounds great you can play dice, cards and other things and even use your skills/stats to keep things in your favour. Sounds like it’ll help to make taverns look more alive than static and empty.

I think it may already be funded. I've noticed that it hasn't updated to my number yet. There are still (at least) about 100 backings not officially counted.

Edit: Just checked. It's about 50 now
    How did you check that
    Funded!!! Hoping it can actually hit some stretch goals now.

Wonder what the backer delay thing is about? Maybe it helps kickstarter by not adding them right away so people are still incentivised to fund? I dunno? Either way yaaaay!

How did you check that

I'm backer number 2,17something. Looking at the kickstarter page it says there are 2158 backers so it still had 10-20 to go.

Also yay!
    spacejaws said:

Funded!!! Hoping it can actually hit some stretch goals now.

Wonder what the backer delay thing is about? Maybe it helps kickstarter by not adding them right away so people are still incentivised to fund? I dunno? Either way yaaaay!

I disagree with them. Once it hits 100% it should take the funds right away. Then everything else can come later.
    Latest update! And a few new stretch goals.

100 % FUNDED - WE DID IT! Revealing new STRETCH GOALS!

It’s a done deal!

We‘ve made it - earlier today we reached 100.000 € and we’re over the moon! Thanks a million to all our backers, many of you have been so supportive since the start. It’s really down to you that we got this far! Every single one of the 2166 backers from all over the world pushed us that little bit closer to the finishing line. You are the best! We’re so happy that we got the campaign funded 100% three days before it ends.

Now we‘re trying to make those stretch goals. The first one is a cooperation with the exceptionally talented cartographer Francesca Baerald for a digital and physical map of Argea. We’re not that far away from that one! If we reach the second stretch goal, the brilliant writers Casey Hollingshead and Scott Hamm, will join our writing team.

The first new and third stretch goal is:

SPACEJAWS EDIT - (On the kickstarter page you can listen to some of his tracks from previous games)

If you want to know more about Kai and his fantastic music, please visit this Twitch channel and follow him on Twitter.

The next stretch goal is about a new character class in the game: THE MONK. Players will be able to choose the monk as a character class if we make it to 140.000€~$157,735USD (if we fund it 140%). The monk will have his own unique unarmed combats moved, his greatest weapon will be his own body!

You'll find more information about the monk class here.
    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Monk

Once again - thanks to each and every one of you!
    I with the Monk made it already but I highly doubt it's going to happen
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    It could potentially make it in if they decide to go with slacker backer pledges post-kickstarter. Other developers, like Owlcat for instance, profited greatly from them after all. So you might as them about that possibility over at the Kickstarter comment section.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • davidthegnomedavidthegnome Member Posts: 37

It could potentially make it in if they decide to go with slacker backer pledges post-kickstarter. Other developers, like Owlcat for instance, profited greatly from them after all. So you might as them about that possibility over at the Kickstarter comment section.

They have already said they'll open up pledges via Paypal once the game is funded on KS.

Also the 48 hr reminder emails have yet to go out so we'll probably see a final surge of backers once they do.

They have already said they'll open up pledges via Paypal once the game is funded on KS.

Also the 48 hr reminder emails have yet to go out so we'll probably see a final surge of backers once they do.
    That's true, my calendar skills suck
    Francesca’s awesome cartography skills have been fuuuuunded! Still 2 days left for the other goals. Neat!

First stretch goal funded! We're absolutely thrilled to announce that the marvelous cartographer Francesca Baerald will create the map of Argea!

• SatelliteMind89SatelliteMind89 Member Posts: 8
    Aside from the graphics this looks quite good, hope they add multiplayer and DM client as well.
    DM mode happening later AFAIK.
    Multiplayer too?
    Well, I'm unsure what they'd use it for without multiplayer...
    Fair point, can I ask where you got this information? I didn't see anything on the kickstarter page mentioning it as a future goal.

Fair point, can I ask where you got this information? I didn't see anything on the kickstarter page mentioning it as a future goal.

Discord and Forums.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

Discord and Forums.
    Including in the KS forum.
    Update coming today I think?
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    edited June 2019
    I just necro this thread to point out that this game was finally funded an is under development.
    CRPG games like this one, Realms Beyond, Phoenix Point and others like black Geiser still have lots of fans, no matter what the big companies say. And thanks to kickstarter we had those and others like pathfinder, Numenera or Wasteland 2, something that decades ago are not possible due to lack of investors.
    Post edited by PsicoVic on
    Wasteland 3 actually!
    I'm still convinced this game has great potential, but I am curious about the surprises of Baldur's Gate 3.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    It looks lovely. The backlog of Infinity Engine wannabes is growing longer and longer, and it might be unreasonable of me to presume I will ever get around to actually playing this, but oh well. Backed anyway. :)
    Isewein wrote: »
    It looks lovely. The backlog of Infinity Engine wannabes is growing longer and longer, and it might be unreasonable of me to presume I will ever get around to actually playing this, but oh well. Backed anyway. :)

Why, is it long? I've only got 2 on my list: Baldur's gate 3 and this, sine Tides of Numenera was quite disappointing.
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    edited June 2019
    If you like D&D and IE games, Pathfinder is also worthwhile while we wait. Also PoE series and Tyranny are very good. I like "Temple of elemental evil" too, but it is really short or the old "Pool of radiance" , "Divinity" and "Arcanum" games.
    And I think NWN2 is more a successor of the IE games than the first install. NWN is not much of a party-based game unless you are playing multiplayer.