Skip to content

[(BG1) INCONSISTENCY] Chloe comes after me even if I have already met Officer Vai

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
edited July 2012 in Fixed
This may have already been reported by @Tanthalas. My memory's a bit rusty about it.

CURRENT BEHAVIOR:

After clearing the Nashkel mines, Officer Vai appears in the Jovial Jugler Inn in Beregost, and a girl named Chloe appears close to the Thunder Hammer Smithy to warn CHARNAME. If CHARNAME meets Officer Vai and receives her quest to fetch her as many bandit scalps as possible BEFORE he meets Chloe, the girl will still be there and will still address CHARNAME in the same way. There is no dialog option to tell Chloe that CHARNAME has already met Officer Vai.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

Either Chloe does NOT chase CHARNAME to tell him about Officer Vai if CHARNAME has already met her, OR Chloe still chases CHARNAME (after all, if she's out there looking for him, how can she know that he met Officer Vai after she left the Jovial Jugler?) but CHARNAME gets a dialog option to let Chloe know he has already met Officer Vai.
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I didn't report this, but yes it did happen to me too.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I'll work on it.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Fixed, Chloe shoudn't pop up after you've talked to vai.
    Confirmed Fixed.

If I speak with Office Vai first, Chloe no longer appears.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited July 2012
    Poor Chloe. All she wanted was a gold piece. Actually it's a bit of a shame she'll be left out for some players, particularly as Chloe couldn't have known Officer Vai had already found everyone. And now adventurers passing by Taerom's shop won't be able to hear that famous adulation bestowed on the Hero of Nashkel by their most adoring young fan: "Eww, you smell."
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, could be done by adding an extra slot of dialogue stating that you have already seen her and that would only appear if you have already talked to Via.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Balquo @Bhryaen - Yeah, I suggested that as an option, too. However, either way is better than Chloe just popping up after you've already met Officer Vai and telling you to go meet her - like, "Again?!? Aw, man!" ;-)
    @Balquo @AndreaColombo
    I like that idea! Maybe this should be put in Confirmed Not Fixed so Dave Gross can add a line. >:-)
    Lol, I disagree.

First we need to get all the journal entries sorted out.

Then we can ask Dave Gross to wrire some new lines for some of the NPCs so their behaviour is more consistent (Kivan should react to Tazok, Branwen should react to Tranzig, Coran should talk about his quest).

Then we can ask Dave Gross to write some new journal entries that I personally think should be added.

Then we can ask for a new line for Chloe. :B
    edited July 2012
    @Tanthalas
    Well, it's not like we're asking Dave to write an extra Pathfinder Tales novel, just a single line for a li'l girlie what be's lookin' for the heroes. It's just a way to keep Chloe in the regular cast of characters.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    What happened to this? Is there a new line added for Chloe then?
    @Sese79

It was never addressed. If Chloe doesn't get her job quickly enough she gets deleted from the universe.
    A new line would have been so much better. Why didn't I fight for this !! :P
    edited November 2012
    Its not like poor Chloe is gone from the game. She just has a little motivation to do her job better now.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Balquo said:

A new line would have been so much better. Why didn't I fight for this !! :P

Challenge accepted.
    Or move it closer to the charname enter position :)
    @Balquo - Yes, thanks.
    @Sese79 I proposed a new fix just for you. But don't expect it to be fixed any time soon - in fact it may never be fixed.
  • FateAscendsFateAscends Member Posts: 63
    Disappointing. Chloe was the only character in the game my evil PC would be nice to.
    No, this is not disappoinitng. Good, that they care about such little things too. Disappoinitng is that Edwin can't cast Identify from scrolls anymore. Big punch for an evil party. Or that they just removed a door in Durlag's Tower, because it was buggy.