Skip to content

Multi-player cross platform support?

I notice that the version of the Android beta 77.8184 is out of step with the production 7.8181 and development 77.8185 builds for PC. Looks like all the multiplayer menus are there, but due to the version mismatches, I cannot connect to a server running on my PC. Is the intention to have this be possible at some point? That would be awesome!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, the intent is to have all the versions on the same build. As mentioned in the patch notes for the latest dev build, with the upcoming Android beta, we are looking to keep feature parity by pushing a stable release soon.
  • NearEtherealNearEthereal Member Posts: 13
    So is the intention for people to be able to join PWs from their phone or other touch screen/tablet device? And/or Console?
    from a PW management perspective, is there any way to block these ports of entry specifically, and specify that only people connecting from a PC version of the game should be able to join?
  • wouldntsavezionwouldntsavezion Member Posts: 11
    @NearEthereal Interesting request. I wonder why you would want this ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Steam now has a selectable branch "build8184" which is the previous dev build. It can interplay with Android.