Skip to content

Scaling individual portions of the ui

ShardexShardex Member Posts: 11
edited October 2018 in UI Modding
Hello, maybe someone can help me to get more insight on how the ui is tied to the resolution or to be more precise camera distance. I prefer to play with scaled ui just because the camera distance is closer to the action. I know that you can zoom in and out, but `cutscenes´ on unscaled fhd resolution are too far zoomd out for my taste. How could i shrink the ui to unscaled size but keep the close locked camera distance?

The Dragonspear UI++ by Pecca showed me that it is somehow doable to scale individual parts (Portraits can be made bigger). I currently use the EET SOD Gui by the way. I would like to resize it smaller or use the unscaled option but bring the locked camera up closer.

Also could i edit out the icons in the bottom right?

Post edited by Shardex on

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited October 2018
    Shardex said:

Hello, maybe someone can help me to get more insight on how the ui is tied to the resolution or to be more precise camera distance. I prefer to play with scaled ui just because the camera distance is closer to the action. I know that you can zoom in and out, but `cutscenes´ on unscaled fhd resolution are too far zoomd out for my taste. How could i shrink the ui to unscaled size but keep the close locked camera distance?

You can't mix scaled and unscaled UI. But you can change the size of elements by editing the UI.menu file. The portraits are in the RIGHT_SIDEBAR menu section. You can play with the area numbers of the different button subsection.
    Shardex said:

Also could i edit out the icons in the bottom right?

Yes. These buttons are in the RIGHT_SIDEBAR_BOTTOM menu section. You can easily remove or hide them.
    ShardexJuliusBorisov
  • ShardexShardex Member Posts: 11
    Nice, thank you. I will take a look at it! :)
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    edited November 2018
    If it helps, my solution for not being able to pick the game's resolution is to run a batch file that changes my desktop's resolution to what I want to play in (1280x800) that then launches the EE with zoom disabled and UI scaling disabled. This preserves the look of the game without reducing gameplay to ants playing in a themepark.

Windows 7 doesn't have the ability to change desktop resolution via cmd afaik, so I use the program "display changer" by 12noon. It's free, works, and is smart enough to automatically restore your desktop's resolution once the game is exited. It just takes a single command line to do this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dc64cmd.exe" -width=1280 -height=800 -depth=32 "G:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Baldur.exe"
    Gusinda