Skip to content

Anomen: Front line or back?

First, an admission. I know there's a lot of Anomen hate but I like him. A lot. Yeah, he can be extremely annoying but I think Bioware was really gutsy writing him that way and I think that's neat. It's a really rare run-through for me not to have him in my party, on the front line with the best shield I can find and the Flail of Ages. My generally-good-aligned parties tend to run skimpy in the tank department so that's always Anomen's job.

My favorite Charname is either a FMT or a FT, who gets the best gear and usually gets half the kills, but Anomen usually gets at least a third. So I find him really solid on the front line. I basically run him as a fighter with buffs and he seems to do great.

But now with EE, his script has him favoring a sling and I'm wondering if there is some reason for that. Would he actually do better on the back line? I know there are some good slings around for high-strength characters but I'm kinda prejudiced against slings...am I wrong? Would love to see some opinions and would really love some numbers.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• WormkingWormking Member Posts: 60
    Because of DUHM, armor of faith he is better at frontline i think
    Daevelon
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Absolutely, if you are going to carry him in the party then he should be on the frontline. I don't personally like putting melee combatants in the party unless they can eventually use fighter HLAs but YMMV.
    Daevelon
  • borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    edited November 2018
    Sings said:

Would love to see some opinions and would really love some numbers.

Opinion: Anomen is a born frontline fighter and giving him a sling is an insult.

Some numbers:

Daevelon
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited November 2018
    With Brawling Hands Anomen is a GREAT tank, with high HP (for his class) and best armors availability for use. He is very good at attack as well (i usually give him 5 pips in warhammers) at least till HLAs, where he loses for missing the best warrior abilities.
    borntodie said:

Opinion: Anomen is a born frontline fighter and giving him a sling is an insult.

Indeed, same opinion.

I add that we have the same favorite charname types, now i'm playing with a f/t, and Anomen fits very well in my team. Seriously, just a simple combo like "make Anomen take the enemies while charname backstab them" is very effective.
  • twoodstwoods Member Posts: 11
    Add the flail of ages and put him in the frontline.