Skip to content

my impression and feedback from android beta

Heya, first to say im very excited for the nwn android beta, i've been playing bg and bg2 enhanced edition on android for over a year now and i really liked it.

i have some feedback which i saw most ppl already reported like clicks are misdirected when trying to pick color on charecter creation, or when trying to place spells and skills in the quick bar, i had to try like 6 times to place summon familiar on the quick bar after it keeps putting other skills i didn't try to click there.

im playing on a 6'' xiaomi black shark btw, games seems to go smooth on max graphics, no stuttering and the device is not overheating at all compared to other demanding games like asphalt 9 or pubg.
i had no issues with the joystick or the camera tilting camera always worked when i tried and joystick was working fine, altough i find it mostly useless. its slow moving and boring to go around like that, just clicking on the floor where i want my char to go is much better.

about the camera tilting i would love it if there was an option to reverse the direction, its counter intuitive to me, i always want to tilt it right and it goes left.

one more request i have is a quick save button like we had on bg1/2 right now it takes 4 clicks to be able to save a game and its tiring.

next is the text box on the bottom left of the screen, you can only pick the height of the box and not the width, it takes too much area from the screen for my taste and i would like to shrink it more to the left if possible.

and last, i find the menu backgrounds opacity to be too high, i'm having hard time seeing the edges of the menu boxes especially in dark scenes.

please keep up the good work beamdog!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Thanks for your feedback, @cfunky ! Feel free to use our Service Desk to repeat this feedback, and report any new bugs (features) you'll find (want implemented) during the beta.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    I'll bounce through these! :)

1) The color picker being offset is known and we have a fix in the works. The difficulty placing the "Summon Familiar" is because of an unassociated bug, wherein if you enter a radial sub-menu, the expected "point" the game things you're mousing over remains wherever the button to open the sub-menu is located. This can be worked around by wiggling your finger on your intended skill a bit, or by press-dragging your finger from the location where the sub-menu button was, to the skill/spell you want to fill the slot with.

2) We got the same request for rotating the camera in the opposite direction! I'll your feedback in there. The issue with Joystick movement speed is known and we're currently considering a potential fix, but it'll take a bit more examination.

3) I'll move your Quick-save request in with the other feature requests. Thanks for letting us know :)

4) I don't... believe there's currently any plans for horizontal adjustments for the chat log screen, but I'll move that in with the previously mentioned feature requests

5) Could you possibly file a bug (As per Julius's note above) with a screenshot of the opacity problem you're seeing? I'd like to get a comparison to what I'm seeing.

Thank you very much :)
  • cfunkycfunky Member Posts: 9

This is about the text box, it takes a big portion of the screen and half of it is empty.

And this one about the opacity, i can berely see the item slots icons in the menu and the text is not so easy to read like that.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    I raised a feature request to toggle opacity for exactly that reason.

To avoid duplication, would it be possible to make bug/feature tickets public, or maybe use Trello? Right now, I th8nk we can only see our own tickets.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Don't be afraid of duplicate bug/feature reports, as the amount of feedback regarding certain requests might influence the developers' decisions.