Skip to content

Impressions after going through the game prelude (on 5.5" FullHD phone, 8*2Ghz, 4GB RAM)

Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
edited November 2018 in Android Beta of NWN:EE
Overall I am satisfied with the playability (of course taking into account that this is originally a desktop game with adaptations for mobile - but nobody will design completely new mobile interface, so there is no point in complaining about this).

Things I would like to see improved:

- increasing dialog font size. I had to really pay attention to choose the desired answer in dialog (and not the one above/below it). The font is unnecessary small - better bit more screen estate taken and more scrolling, than working with the current small font (interestingly, on another - smaller phone - with just HD resultion, the font was bigger).

- the quick toolbar at the bottom should be increased a bit (its height). Also the Talk line above should be optional - for singleplayer it is just nuisance. It happened to me several times that when attempting to press Pause button in battle, the keyboard appeared (because pressing the useless Talk line).

Increasing font in other texts/item descriptions or increasing skill +/- buttons would be also nice, but not that pressing - unlike the dialogs and the bottom toolbar these are not used so often (I can survive fiddling with small buttons when levelling once in a while, but the bottom quick toolbar is important in the heat of the battle, also choosing wrong answer in a dialog may be fatal).

Overall I am happy with the purchase and I am definitely prepared invest more to the game (if there are *one time* inapps for customizations/optional things like in your Baldurs Gate EE games). Just a few more mobile tweaks would be nice (I am not expecting any big reworking of GUI, just some tweaks like in your BG games or described above).

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for your feedback, @Peter_Johnson ! I've passed it to the developers, but feel free to use our Service Desk to repeat this feedback, and report any new bugs (features) you'll find (want implemented) during the beta.
  • Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
    I created issues for all the things I wrote here on Service Desk.
    I just wonder whether I am not duplicating already existing issues. But I could not see there what was already there (is it impossible or did I overlook a way how to check existing issues?).
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hi there!

It is not possible to look at the moment, but we're also taking into account how many people are making requests for certain features.