Skip to content

Does it create problems if Dynaheir dies early game? (Spoilers)

I read that if Khalid dies at Boareskyr Bridge, it can be almost game-breaking. As such, I was careful to make sure he survived, recruiting him to my party before the battle so he wouldn't charge in at level 1 and get himself killed.

My question, though, is regarding Dynaheir. If she dies and is dropped from the party, does it cause similar problems?

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i don't what you mean by game breaking. he died for me and all tha happened was he never appeared in the ending.
  • SillyKoboldSillyKobold Member Posts: 11

i don't what you mean by game breaking. he died for me and all tha happened was he never appeared in the ending.

Honestly, I don't know just how game-breaking it is if Khalid dies. I'm basing it on the comments I saw in this post:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/767999/#Comment_767999
    I just met Rigah and Julann, and Minsc played the part of one who has lost his witch perfectly. Clearly, the game has taken into account perfectly the possibility of Dynaheir's death.

"Minsc would have followed Dynaheir to the end of Toril and beyond. I would have followed her into death, but she would not like that. So Minsc waits, and hopes she will return."

Well done, Beamdog!
    Well, maybe not quite as well done as I thought. Although Minsc did recognise that Dynaheir is gone, the "The Wychlaran and the Breserker" quest is stuck in my journal, telling me that I should bring Minsc and Dynaheir to talk to Rigah and Julann. Oh well.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391

Well, maybe not quite as well done as I thought. Although Minsc did recognise that Dynaheir is gone, the "The Wychlaran and the Breserker" quest is stuck in my journal, telling me that I should bring Minsc and Dynaheir to talk to Rigah and Julann. Oh well.

If the quest is still incomplete that makes sense to me. Waiting for you to revive Dynaheir if that's still an option.