Skip to content

Can we file path to sd card?

AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
Is it possible to assign an alternate path for files to use, like can be done in the PC version? My phone has 900 odd mb left in memory, but I have a 32 gb sd card ready for business! Is it possible to path the assets from internal storage to sd storage? I have been unsuccessful thus far! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
    I also think this is an important feature to add. It is a pain when a game cannot be installed while it stubbornly defaults to internal memory when there is an empty SD card.

I think it should be easy to do for the NWN - the game installs small APK and downloads resources only after being started for the first time.
    See the Bard's Tale as example - the game asks where to install resources. NWN could do the same.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    nwn.ini lets you specify the path for all the user files (such as saves and community modules)...

...but I guess you're asking about the installation folder?
  • Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
    It is about the installation folder for the core game resources - the game puts resources to Android/data in the internal memory. It should be configurable.

The internal memory is precious and often in short supply- and not everybody can/want to configure SD card as adoptable storage (whis is of course the solution as well).
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hey there!

I'm afraid I can't give you an exact response on this, as I've primarily been working with the standard installation flow, but I've passed it along as a question.
  • peardoxpeardox Member Posts: 37
    I just installed NWN:EE (beta) on my phone (Moto G5) and it defo installs to main memory

I've got a 64Gb SD in the thing - had to delete BG to try the install

Trent told us tonight that you can hook up your PC to your Droid and transfer files (paks etc) - can't see evidence of that yet... I'll have to ADB my phone.

Better deployed games do a loader that let you decide where to store the static data. This process downloads the minimal feature set then asks you where to put the static files.

The point mentioned about Bards Tale above is a good example of bad deployment...

I hope they don't make the same problem for us on my iPhone + iPad next year (no SD but there are ways around it - area cache being the obvious one, a bit inconvenient but workable)
  • peardoxpeardox Member Posts: 37
    OK - Checked via ADB - there is 3.2 GB of data on my SD Card

My phone's lying to me is Settings -> Storage say's I'm using 155Mb :(

I'll attempt to work out the actual footprint sometime soon
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Could you please give us news on installing the beta on SD cards. My internal memory is full.

I have a SD card of 128 GB. Please let us use the external memory!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    We’re looking into the viability of installing Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition for Android on an external SD card.
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/november-16-livestream-recap.html