Skip to content

A bit laggy

The game is kinda laggy on my galaxy s8 on best settings, it does get better with medium settings though, hopefully it will get better at launch+ that clunky UI and unreadable text in opening cinematic.
Overall good beta, no crash, just some lag on highest settings, I hope it will become more stable at launch great work beamdog, and until it gets better I still have a BG playthrough that I need to finish first.?

Comments

• wouldntsavezionwouldntsavezion Member Posts: 11
    Yeah it's a bit weird at times here on my P20, I noticed that it's especially buggy when I have windows like the character sheet open, which sounds weird.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Howdy!

Thanks for pointing this out!

We were noticing some weirdness regarding some windows causing a drop in FPS. We've got it tracking internally, but if possible, could you report the screens you're specifically seeing this issue on in our bug tracker or here? It'd be much appreciated!

Additionally, including the type of device you're using and what kind of FPS drop you're seeing would be fantastic.

Thanks!
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    I just finished the starting area and now in the city it's lagging even on medium setting with performance mode on, it's like I'm playing on an emulator ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Zackel Please report all of those issues.
    @Zackel I think I've seen what you're referring to. As per Julius above, definitely report it, but I'm also curious as to if you run into the same issues on interior levels, smaller exterior levels, etc.
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    Shaiden said:

@Zackel I think I've seen what you're referring to. As per Julius above, definitely report it, but I'm also curious as to if you run into the same issues on interior levels, smaller exterior levels, etc.

Not at all, very smooth inside buildings, a bit laggy outside especially when there are fire effects or many NPC'S in the same spot.
    We have a potential fix (or at least slight improvement) for the window-related lag in the works. I don't believe it's out in this most recent patch, but it should be for the next.