Skip to content

Ascension+SCS Chapter 10 help (spoilers ofc)

Dear Community,

I'm having lots of problems in Chapter 10. I have Ascension and most SCS modules installed (no medium buffs for mages). My party consists of my main (Kensai13/Mage), Haer'Dalis, Sarevok (skilled for TWF), Jan, Aerie and Imoen. So pretty much a munchkin party at the exp cap and with their ideal equipment.

Most fights where a cakewalk till now, except for this. I'm having huge problems with the opening fight even though I go in fully buffed. Bhody starts off with a Creeping Doom I cannot defend with Fireshield. So no spells. Even Triggers get disrupted, except for the opening one. Havin Imoen turn on me compounds the issue.

Do I have to start off with Chain Contingencies? Mine are mostly set to defensive, should I change to offensive ones? Or will those just hit Imoen?
Aerie starting of with 3x Holy Smite helps a lot in thinning one of the mobs. She also has 3x Aerial Servant in her Trigger. The others have more circumstantial stuff like 3xLower Resistance and a Greater Malision/Slow/Confusion one. Do you have suggestions for better setups?

Anything else I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 941
    edited November 2018
    If Creeping Doom is your main problem, consider that everyone in your party except Sarevok has arcane spellcasting, so you can block it with Spell Immunity: Abjuration. Otherwise, watching the combat log closely, pausing all the time etc. you should be able to figure out which party member is Bodhi's target and move that one far away from the remaining party so that they don't get affected. Offensive chain conintencies (with 3* ADHW, for example, and combined with a 3*Lower Resistance trigger on specific target) are certainly helpful in general.
  • ChiefBigFeatherChiefBigFeather Member Posts: 15
    Hmm... I go in with SI:Abjuration anyway to thwart dispelling (I think it‘s actually the most important Spell in the game). It doesn‘t protect from Bhodis special insect swarm :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 941
    Yeah, I meant to write Conjuration, not Abjuration - sorry about that. Test it out! If it doesn't work, pulling away the target of the spell from the rest of the group should still do the trick.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I just posted the same help thread but finally got it done couple weeks ago and it was very gratifying :)