Skip to content

Stuck at "preload complete"

Hi everyone,

There was such a good price for NWN:EE at Beamdog that I decided to give it a go. However, I cannot play the game, because the Beamdog client remains stuck at "Preload complete", although everything actually is in the game directory. Somehow, the client doesn't understand that the download is done.

Restarting the client does nothing. Restarting the computer does nothing. I read about this on the net, and it appears that an awful lot of people have had this problem. But I didn't see anyone describe how it could be solved. Any tips on that?

Incidentally, BG2:EE and SoD continue to work just fine, and I had no problems either downloading or updating them. It's just NWN:EE that doesn't work.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello! Are you using the latest client? https://www.beamdog.com/about/client_faq
    xzar_monty
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @JuliusBorisov: Apparently I was not. So, half of my problem was solved instantly. Thank you for that, Julius!

Two more things, one of them bigger than the other:

1) I was able to install NWN:EE without any problems, and it starts just fine. However, I also purchased the modules Darkness Over Daggerford and Pirates of the Sword Coast, but these are nowhere to be found within the new client. (The old client still displays both in the state of "preload complete".) I started NWN:EE to check whether these two can be accessed from within the game (i.e. whether they are available there as adventures), but they are not. There is other stuff, such as To Heir is Human, but these two are not. How can I find / activate / install them within the new client? I couldn't find the option for this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

2) As a suggestion, it would be good if the client kept the user aware of updates, as an outdated client was my problem in the first place. But perhaps the new client already does this, in which case this suggestion is already obsolete.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @xzar_monty You should be able to see your DLC under the drop-down menu (where it most likely says "English" now).
    xzar_monty
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    You are, indeed, correct. It didn't occur to me to check under "English", because I thought that was just for choosing between languages.

I'm all clear now. Thank you very much!
    JuliusBorisov