Skip to content

New thief, need advise.

Playing F/T, seems most fun right now. What is best backstab weapon? Went Dwarf so I think I am all set just curious on opinions for backstab weapons eventually..

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited December 2018
    In terms of damage? Whatever the highest damage quarter staff is.

My opinion though, would go to the dagger of venom. That poison is nasty in BG1.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    ThacoBell said:

In terms of damage? Whatever the highest damage quarter staff is.

Staff of the Ram
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Both are great answers, dagger of venom for BG1 and Staff of the Ram for BG2.
  • XanatosXanatos Member Posts: 47
    The dagger of poison has always fit the thief ethos to me but for the largest single hit I think the aforementioned posts are right on with the staff.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    BG1 technically has the Staff of Striking, but you probably won't get it until pretty late in the game.
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    On top of the comments already mentioned I'd like to point out that you can only backstab with weapons that are available for thieves naturally so if backstabbing is in your interests don't go putting points into halberds or two-handed swords :smile:
  • KvotheRM8KvotheRM8 Member Posts: 54

BG1 technically has the Staff of Striking, but you probably won't get it until pretty late in the game.

Two or three backstabs on Sarevok with that thing And roll credits
  • KvotheRM8KvotheRM8 Member Posts: 54
    Don't pressure yourself into perfectly spending your proficiency points. You get a +4 to hit whilst backstabbing. So if you are not proficient with dagger or staff you will still have a +2 after the non proficiency penalty. So if two hander sword is your thing focus on that