Skip to content

Baeloth *Spoilers*

Hi there forum.
I killed Baeloth back in Baldur's Gate 1 and now that I am in Siege of Dragonspear I'm given to understand that he will never spawn and thus I loose out on meeting another character that I might want in my party.
I was just wondering if there was a way to change this status without having to go back to a save before the death of Baeloth. I'm thinking using an editor or something? Would it be possible?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited December 2018
    For BG:EE/SoD, this is no problem, he should be alive and kicking.
    If you are on EET, however, you could try resetting the "SPRITE_IS_DEADBAELOTH" variable, preferably before entering the area BD1000 (the first camp after leaving BG city against the crusade). Then he should spawn and he should be alive:

C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADBAELOTH","global",0)
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Not on EET. I don't know why this is but if you kill Baeloth in bg1 then he does not show up in Siege of Dragonspear and you miss out on meeting M'Khiin.
    I tried your suggested solution after having arrived at the area but it did not work. Unfortunately the only save I had prior to arriving at the camp was the beginning of Siege of Dragonspear, and I'm not backtracking that far to check if it would resolve the issue.
    Thank you for the solution regardless. Hopefully this might help someone else. Should someone else be able to confirm or debunk the suggested solution used prior to arriving at the area I would love to know.
    edited December 2018
    Lifat said:

Not on EET. I don't know why this is but if you kill Baeloth in bg1 then he does not show up in Siege of Dragonspear and you miss out on meeting M'Khiin.

If that's the case for an unmodded game then it would be a case for a bug report imho. Looking at the script I don't think that's intended behavior.

Can you just spawn him? EDIT: Best do that at the fighting pit he's supposed to be or the intro scene might break:

C:CreateCreature("BAELOT7")

Not sure how far you'll get with him then, though. At least take him into the party shortly or his moving around with the camp could not work properly.

DaevelonAaezil
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @jastey That actually happens for all non-plot important chracters. You can miss out on Dynaheir, Minsc, or both this way too.
    edited December 2018
    @ThacoBell Ah, ok. Then I learned something, because from the script alone I do not see this is considered (for Baeloth, I did not check the others), because the only check is BeenInParty / !BeenInParty, so the scriptblock gets executed even if Baeloth is dead but obviously does not spawn him, which is, if it is indeed the devs will, a nonstraightforward way to get this result imho.