Skip to content

Thief and skill points inside abilities

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
Does it have any sense having more than 100 in find traps, hide in shadows and so on?

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Some skills are worth having over a hundred, particularly PP, HiS, and MS. Light can affect hiding and there are various penalties to stealing. Set traps (100max is fine), FT, OL, and DI not so much, no. Of those last three a little over will help for very few cases. Find traps and DI will activate a little faster if it is higher so doesn't hurt but not a priority.

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Honestly I want to see when to dual class imoen and find a good compromise. I can even dual class her at 15 if needed. But I need to be 100% sure she will be able to open every lock (for example the lock inside BG2 maevar compound) and disarm every traps (Watcher's keep...)
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Don't forget you also have potions that can be used in for those difficult traps/pockets. These may save you the effort of going past 100 (except for HiS/MS).

Gus
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Gusinda said:

Don't forget you also have potions that can be used in for those difficult traps/pockets. These may save you the effort of going past 100 (except for HiS/MS).

Gus

This was pretty key on my fighter/assassin solo, setting him up to require a potion for Candlekeep but nowhere else, as I skipped Durlag's.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Arthas get her up to the 75-80 range on find traps and locks. There are enough potions of thievery and luck spells to get you the 3 or 4 things the scroe won't be high enough for.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i've never had any problems with having open locks/disarm traps at 100%, there are 2 rings in SoA that can add a +25% score to both of these, so even if you are wearing elven chainmail you will still be okay