Skip to content

Does the boot of speed have any other benefit apart from faster movement?

georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
For instance, it does not increase your attack speed or attacks per round right?

It only makes you walk faster?

So, can one then in EE Keeper set the movement speed for all in the party to a value that equals the speed bonus of the boots.

I gave all in my party a pair of boots just to get quicker around (played game a few times before, so I want to get to the action asap :) )

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Just walks faster. But that really helps anyone who ain't a tank. You could backstab an opponent , run like hell and hide so you can backstab again.

I suppose you can edit character speed , yes.

I usually give my whole party those boots, you may find six of them by the end of ToB.

georgelappiesThacoBellsemiticgoddess
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    DJKajuru said:

Just walks faster. But that really helps anyone who ain't a tank. You could backstab an opponent , run like hell and hide so you can backstab again.

I suppose you can edit character speed , yes.

I usually give my whole party those boots, you may find six of them by the end of ToB.

Thanks for the reply friend. I gave all members the boots as well. To off-set this bonus they cannot wear any other boots one collects. Hopefully it is a bit less of cheat then.

Would like it if the game had an inbuilt slider to make your toons walk at triple speed while they are not in combat. As soon as they are in combat they can only walk the normal speed. It would be optional but a huge QoL improvement for those who already completed the game.
    guinness22
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @georgelappies You might be interested in a mini-mod that I coded a while ago. It increases walking speed outside of combat. Download link can be found in this comment.
    georgelappiesGrond0Timbo0o0o0
    edited December 2018
    argent77 said:

@georgelappies You might be interested in a mini-mod that I coded a while ago. It increases walking speed outside of combat. Download link can be found in this comment.

Excellent! thanks friend, most appreciated; it works exactly as required :wink:
    argent77 said:

This mod is awesome and works in BG, BG2 and IWD. Saves a huge amount of time. @argent77 please pm me, I would like to buy you a coffee to say thanks friend ?