Skip to content

I just thought you should know...

voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
edited December 2018 in Off-Topic
You're pretty alright.

:)

You try your best to be a good person.
You do the best given your circumstance.
You have survived until now and you will always find a way.

Everything is going to be ok.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Aw, thanks.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I apprecaite the post.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    edited December 2018
    I just can't see this post and not think about

It's kinda scary that man was a Senator. Also completely crazy that they made a movie from that sketch.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Franken was really funny back in the day. Then he started to get too serious (and boring). I still love the SNL news reports where he wore a satellite dish on his head to cover the 1988 (or was it the 1992) presidential election.
    LadyRhian said:

I don't know who did it, but I loved the "boob cam". They got a woman with a large chest and put a cam inbetween her breasts to see how many politicians looked down. All of them, If I am remembering correctly.

I have to admit though, my eyes probably would have drifted there, too. Men are weak...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If saw the person coming, I'd easily be able to make sure my eyes behaved. But if they like, walked up from behind me, I'd probably end up looking down out of reflex before I even realized what I was looking at.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    No, she walked right up in front of them. They would be talking about political stuff and the politicians would all be getting an eyeful...
    LadyRhian said:

No, she walked right up in front of them. They would be talking about political stuff and the politicians would all be getting an eyeful...

Female politicians too?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Huh, I get the same response sometimes (from men and women) :)
    Balrog99 said:

LadyRhian said:

Female politicians too?
    There were only men at this particular event. I think this was in the 90's.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Balrog99 said:

LadyRhian said:

I don't know who did it, but I loved the "boob cam". They got a woman with a large chest and put a cam inbetween her breasts to see how many politicians looked down. All of them, If I am remembering correctly.

I have to admit though, my eyes probably would have drifted there, too. Men are weak...
    Large mass attracts smaller mass.

A breast mass is bigger than a pair of eyes mass.

It's physics.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

You're pretty alright.

:)

You try your best to be a good person.
    You do the best given your circumstance.
    You have survived until now and you will always find a way.

Everything is going to be ok.

More people need to understand this. It's important.
    And doggone it, people like me!
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    LadyRhian said:

I assume the top of her chest wasn't covered? If so, I don't see what's the issue - if one doesn't want to be looked upon, then maybe don't wear provocative outfit. It's like going to the beach and complaining it's wet over there.
    Ardanis said:

LadyRhian said:

I assume the top of her chest wasn't covered? If so, I don't see what's the issue - if one doesn't want to be looked upon, then maybe don't wear provocative outfit. It's like going to the beach and complaining it's wet over there.
    She wore a v-neck top. I don't know how "uncovered" that seems to you, but I see plenty of people wearing them all the time.
    That's a sort of cleavage thing, isn't it? Those usually exist to accentuate what's inside, so I'm not sure you could blame a man for reacting the way he was supposed to?
    I don't think men are supposed to stare, per se. A glance or two (or three, I guess) is to be expected, but it's considered good form to focus on a woman's eyes if you're speaking to her.

It's worth pointing out that women generally don't wear makeup or choose their outfits simply based on what attracts the attention of men. Often as not, that's a side effect.
    Ardanis said:

That's a sort of cleavage thing, isn't it? Those usually exist to accentuate what's inside, so I'm not sure you could blame a man for reacting the way he was supposed to?

No. It's a type of neckline. There are V-neck, round-neck, scoop-neck and boater tops.
    V-Neck: image

Scoop neck: image

Boat Neck: image

You thinking that women choose tops to appear sexy to men? No, we choose to get dressed. Men can make the decision of whether or not we are sexy based on what we are wearing (and, hint, women dress for themselves more than they dress for men, sorry to burst your bubble there.)
    Compare a woman to a flower. The flower might look nice and smell pretty, but that doesn't mean it's trying to get your attention--the colors are there to attract the attention of bees and butterflies.

Luckily, unlike women, real flowers don't have brains or sensory organs, so it's still considered acceptable to cat-call a flower. You're perfectly free to say "Dayum, that flower is hawt!"

William Wordsworth did that to daffodils all the time.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Incidentally, I personally am acquainted with plants which do possess more brains than some humans I've met over the years.

Incidentally, I personally am acquainted with plants which do possess more brains than some humans I've met over the years.

@lolien perhaps?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Balrog99 He's a fungus, not a plant. Geez...
    LadyRhian said:

No. It's a type of neckline. There are V-neck, round-neck, scoop-neck and boater tops.

*Shakes fist at Google image search*