Skip to content

Any difference betwen bgee and bgee:sod, without sod ?

Hi
Its a silly question, but i like bgee ui more, and are there difference if i play bgee rather than bgee:sod without sod ?
Content wise.

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    all sod changes to bg ee is the ui nothing content wise.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The problem is that when you download SoD it automatically changes the BG UI (as well as overwriting v1.3 with v2.x, which changes some gameplay things (like the way Poison Weapon works for example). So you can't play BG with the v1.3 UI and then go on to play SoD.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    I think the latest EE update gives you the option of changing back to the earlier way poison weapon works.

You can have multiple copies of the game installed, so there's no reason in principle not to have BG 1.3 and SoD both installed if that's what you want.

Installing SoD does not overwrite BGEE files (and I agree the content will be the same anyway). Thus, you can play BG through either SoD or using the BG only executable. However, if the version update is the same the UI will be pretty much identical (just a color difference I think).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited December 2018
    dunbar said:

The problem is that when you download SoD it automatically changes the BG UI (as well as overwriting v1.3 with v2.x, which changes some gameplay things (like the way Poison Weapon works for example). So you can't play BG with the v1.3 UI and then go on to play SoD.

This is wrong a bit. With SoD, or without, the latest version is 2.5. And the Poison Weapon is already changed there, but there's a mod to restore the 1.3 behavior - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48441/original-poison-weapon-ability-for-bg1-ee-and-bg2-ee

1.3 is available in the Beta tab on Steam, but that is a very old version.

@Danacm Replying to your question: there're no content changes.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951