Skip to content

Where are BG:EE and IWD:EE game directories?

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
Hello, I'm trying to install the IWD Npc Project. I have the game through the Beamdog client. My problem is that I can't find my game folder anywhere on my computer. Where is it, please?

I don't mean the save games folder in Documents, I mean the actual game folder with the .exe, the game data, and the dialog.tlk file where I can install mods.

Thank you.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It depends on what system you use, and where you installed it. I'm on Windows and I have them in Program Files (x86)/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/Data/00798
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Luckily I found it. It was in Users/User/Beamdog Library/ . A very unusual and hard to find place. But anyway, I got my NPC Project working, so it's all good.

I'm surprised how hard it was to find this information. Actually, I never found the information. I just had a hunch to try looking there, since it wasn't in the usual Program Files (x86).
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    With the Beamdog Client you should be able to open the game folder directly by clicking on the "Options" button of the game and select "Open game location".
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @argent77 , Thanks, that's a neat trick, and very convenient. Hopefully I'll remember the options button next time I need to find a Beamdog game folder.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    argent77 said:

With the Beamdog Client you should be able to open the game folder directly by clicking on the "Options" button of the game and select "Open game location".

I still do this--after all these years, I still don't know if BG2EE is 00783 or 00766 or...