Skip to content

The hard difficulty is harder than Insane difficulty ?

Sup folks, I noticed that when I play on hard there are more enemies on each fight and they hit really high sometimes triple the damage it's like even their base attack is up without the difficulty multiplies.
While on insane difficulty there are fewer mobs in each group and they hit really low for example just xvart hit me for 2 damage in insane difficulty but when I retired on hard he hit for like 7.
Is this normal or the game is bugged?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    In BGEE the only impact on fights of the difficulty level is that on hard enemies do 1.5 times standard damage and on insane they do 2 x standard damage. From the information you provided it may be that the game is fine - the 2 damage by the xvart on insane could just reflect that he rolled a 1. You can check that by making sure that you select combat information in feedback (within game play menu) - the combat text will then show you the amount of bonus damage done from the difficulty level.

If the size of groups you're meeting is higher in BGEE then your game is either modded or bugged (the difficulty level does have a major influence on the number and abilities of enemies in unmodded Siege of Dragonspear though).
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    I think it's a bug yeah, sorry for the false alarm.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    If you have a repro, please report at support.baldursgate.com so that our developers could check.
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20

If you have a repro, please report at support.baldursgate.com so that our developers could check.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.