Skip to content

[Description Error] Stalker backstabs

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
edited November 2012 in Fixed
Current:

In the description for the stalker kit-

"Advantages:
- May backstab for a lesser amount than the thief class (level 1-8: x1, level 9-16: x2, level 17+: x3)"

Desired:

Should read:
"- May backstab for a lesser amount than the thief class (level 1-8: x2, level 9-16: x3, level 17+: x4)"

Current description of the kit suggests they don't gain bonus backstab modifiers until level 9, triple until level level 17, and never reach x4 backstab.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Wait, seriously that's how it works? Oh my gosh that description has turned me off of that kit for ages.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @Dragonspear said something about @Tanthalas finding it worked like the description says in Tutu or something, but it most definitely works as I've outlined in BG2.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    There is a reason why the Stalker is actually useful after all (and more so, Valygar ) :p

I think the best way to put it would be :

1-8 : Double Damage
    9-16 : Triple Damage
    17+ : Quadruple Damage

As some may think that the "x1" means "+100%" (which is incorrect)

Although I heard that it was intended for the Stalker to do just triple damage backstabs at most, is this right or wrong?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I'd have to test this to be certain. I just listed what the text said.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yep, I was wrong.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389

There is a reason why the Stalker is actually useful after all (and more so, Valygar ) :p

I think the best way to put it would be :

1-8 : Double Damage
    9-16 : Triple Damage
    17+ : Quadruple Damage

As some may think that the "x1" means "+100%" (which is incorrect)

Although I heard that it was intended for the Stalker to do just triple damage backstabs at most, is this right or wrong?

That would also work. I was just thinking along the lines of how it displays what your thief backstab values are, on the character screen.

And they didn't hit x4 backstab damage til the level cap for SoA, so I think it was always intended at least in BG2 that they'd get x4. Might be different in PnP but I'd be upset if they rolled it back. That'd put a serious cripple in it's viability in ToB.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    confirmed fixed.