Skip to content

Spell visuals improvements

AvGurAvGur Member Posts: 17
edited December 2018 in BG:EE Mods
Hello!
If I remember correctly, IWD2 and PST has superior compared to BG spell visuals.
Galactygon's excellent Spell Pack includes various improved animations from IWD2, PST and completely new for BG\ToB spells, but recent version (beta 6, 2011) reedme suggest that this improvements deprecated to form another mod, that as it clear now wasn't released. Previous version of Spell Pack (beta 5) should contain visuals, but aren't available now, or I couldn't find it.
Do You have copy of it or aware of another mod with same purpose (improved spell visuals) or vanilla EE already have something like that?
Spell Revisions updates only animations of Illusion school (IWD).
IWDfication does nothing to vanilla spells visuals.

Thank You
Post edited by AvGur on

Comments

• GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Heya AvGur, I have been busy within Beamdog the past year or so and I have not gotten to updating my mods. There will be numerous spell-related fixes in the upcoming official patch, including visual improvements. That does not include changing the spell system in the BG games to IWD-style visuals, since our mission is to preserve the distinct style of each game.
    WithinAmnesiaGusindakungfuhobbit
  • AvGurAvGur Member Posts: 17
    Thank You for answer and for very bit of work. If some tweaking of spell anomations or additional possibilities appear it would be excellent
    Galactygon
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    IWDfication and TA does nothing to animation (.bam) layed on target, instead they change swirling lights played on caster.
    Example, in PST resurection-like spells used soul-to-body animation, BG2 used some flower, if I remember it correctly. Various Infinity Engine games use different animations and BG2's set is not the best.
  • GoidaGoida Member Posts: 118
    AvGur said:

Hello!

Do You have copy of it or aware of another mod with same purpose (improved spell visuals) or vanilla EE already have something like that?

You may want to have a look at this mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66402/lighting/p1?new=1

There is a link in the end to a later version at SHS. There is no installer, you have to put the graphics replacements you like by hand in override.

This is what I'm talking about! >:)

Ambient light from casting and fire spells are awesome, especially at night!
    Do enyone asked You to adopt this animations for some spell oriented weidu mod? Hope to see this work finished and mod-compatible. Every spell that contains fire and light elements should be modified in Your way.

Thank You so much!

p.s As I remember Galactygon's spell pack included realy good animations and improvements, like flaming swords and fire spells' ability to destroy web and much more, do they gone for good, replaced by newer versions and included in EE by default, or just waits for another EE release?

Merry Christmas and happy 2k19!
    Some of the effects from "Lighting..." will be used in a large mod of mine, together with some new ones, e.g. for damage effects, but most of those changes are a matter of taste... though my taste is very definite, people don't like submitting to whole visions.

And you should write to Galactygon directly about his mod.
    As I see @Galactygon is realy busy now, so I will wait for another EE release, but if somebody have any additional info it would be great.
    @Goida Making Your mod in weidu with separate components will help to combine visions greatly. Hint. Use night time for screenshots of Your new spell animations, unique ambient light on them will speed up adoption.
    :)
    AvGur said:

As I see @Galactygon is realy busy now, so I will wait for another EE release, but if somebody have any additional info it would be great.
    @Goida Making Your mod in weidu with separate components will help to combine visions greatly. Hint. Use night time for screenshots of Your new spell animations, unique ambient light on them will speed up adoption.
    :)

Sure, but it all goes together. You've seen my reconceptions of Doom Guards and others at SHS, well, it's all like a painting, there is a common theme. People don't get to tell painters "Give me that left corner, a little bit of the top and leave out the bottom half, I don't like it." It's always a wholesale proposition to be worth laboring at. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy it.