Skip to content

Haer'dalis Quest bug

Having an issue with the main Haer'dalis quest. I can get the portal gem, free him from Mekrath and can let him join my party. If I don't let him join my party he disappears. When we go back to the Five Flagon's Inn, all the Players including Raelis are gone. I can use the console to spawn Raelis and begin to portal summoning, but that process bugs out when the bounty hunter shows up, the game tries to switch from combat to dialog mode, but then just locks up. I have Shadowkeeper and the console if anyone has suggestions.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Did you somehow get the portal gem before freeing Haer'Dalis?

And does he say "It should be on Mekrath's altar... Should you retrieve it, I will be with my mistress at the playhouse under the Five Flagons, waiting anxiously for its return. May we meet again..." before disappearing?
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Don't give him the gem. You can get it before freeing him I think, but do not give it to him. Then they have to wait for you to turn up at the theater with it.
  • FragalatorFragalator Member Posts: 2
    Tried with various combos:

Got gem first, freed Haer, let him join, returned to 5 Flagons, no Raelis
    Got gem first, freed Haer, did not let him join, returned to 5 Flagons, no Raelis
    Freed Haer first, let him join, got gem, returned to Inn, no Raelis
    Freed Haer first, did not let him join, got gem, returned to Inn, no Raelis

Using the console works to respawn Raelis, she'll go through the portal summoning, but when the bounty hunter shows up, Raelis disappears. Gonna try using ShadowKeeper to change the Global Variables to see if resetting the whole quest works.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

That's not working properly then.
    Did you actually get the quest from Raelis? Because you can access the lair just from the sewers.
    ThacoBell
  • ClayClay Member Posts: 1
    Wow. I got stuck in plane with Raelis. She kept repeating her dialog over and over - each time that I spoke to her - giving the 44K exp. per party member. After Maxing out the main Char., I killed Haer Dalis and left the plane. Kinda cheap, but an interesting glitch!
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Bit of a necro here.

I guess I'm fortunate. Only time I've ever had a bug with this was I was returned to the wrong area (the theatre without starting the Bard stronghold, when I took the deed and was going to do it) after freeing Raelis' troupe, I console'd myself into the right area.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Stuck in planerprison with a no replies or valid links when Haer'dalis starts talking and I can except him back into my party. None of these fixes work because he never joins me and then I'm stuck in the loop if i kill him i get stuck in a different loop. If i change the globals I'm in a loop that doesn't complete the quest. I'm unhappy.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Rajick IIRC, Haerdalis doesn't rejoin until returning to the playhouse. Talk to Raelis to finish the quest.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Rajick IIRC, Haerdalis doesn't rejoin until returning to the playhouse. Talk to Raelis to finish the quest.

figured out it was a mod issue
    ThacoBell
  • poncherello83poncherello83 Member Posts: 5
    Fragalator wrote: »
    Tried with various combos:

Got gem first, freed Haer, let him join, returned to 5 Flagons, no Raelis
    Got gem first, freed Haer, did not let him join, returned to 5 Flagons, no Raelis
    Freed Haer first, let him join, got gem, returned to Inn, no Raelis
    Freed Haer first, did not let him join, got gem, returned to Inn, no Raelis

Using the console works to respawn Raelis, she'll go through the portal summoning, but when the bounty hunter shows up, Raelis disappears. Gonna try using ShadowKeeper to change the Global Variables to see if resetting the whole quest works.

Have you found a solution for this issue?