Skip to content

NPC greeting sounds

HeinrichStahlfaustHeinrichStahlfaust Member Posts: 2
No problems in Baldurs Gate 1 EE o 2 EE. But in Icewind Dale EE the 'you clicked a NPC and he says somethings funny or greets' sound is gone.

Is this somekind of bug?

Comments

• toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Eh, I kinda miss that from BG.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    As I recall, the original IWD didn't have that feature at all. Strange, but I got used to it pretty fast.
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Quartz said:

As I recall, the original IWD didn't have that feature at all. Strange, but I got used to it pretty fast.

They probably did it to keep the game smaller and avoid the 5 (or was it six?) CDs extravaganza that was BG1. They went further with the cuts in IWD2, removing some battle animations, so instead of holding his weapon/s in anticipation while waiting for the next attack, characters would use the idle standing animations, like look around or stretch the arms. It looked so weird.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited April 2018
    there's none, it's not a bug. Creates a sort of unique feeling if you ask me.
    toolarg said:

Quartz said:

They probably did it to keep the game smaller and avoid the 5 (or was it six?) CDs extravaganza that was BG1. They went further with the cuts in IWD2, removing some battle animations, so instead of holding his weapon/s in anticipation while waiting for the next attack, characters would use the idle standing animations, like look around or stretch the arms. It looked so weird.
    I believe that's only in the original HoW
  • svfnsvfn Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2018
    there is extra lines for created characters in IWD1. IWD:EE seem to have cut it, or is bugged. here's a vid of newly created character in IWD1. also most the interplay EE editions (BG1/2/IWD) sounds noisy/low bitrate, when compared to the original sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veXir5bA0e4
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    The funny lines were sometimes to extravagant to be that constant ,they put it back to the way it was before , rarer as they should be.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    svfn said:

there is extra lines for created characters in IWD1. IWD:EE seem to have cut it, or is bugged. here's a vid of newly created character in IWD1. also most the interplay EE editions (BG1/2/IWD) sounds noisy/low bitrate, when compared to the original sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veXir5bA0e4

I believe this thread is about non-playable characters which is the blue-circled people.
  • svfnsvfn Member Posts: 7
    still, it shows that some of the lines that belong to the same voiceset in the EE were omitted, could not get it to play.